Intel HD4600
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have had success with installing macOS Sierra on T440s. Here is how I did it
  1. Fix your DSDT and SSDT per guide here - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-lenovo-t440s-clover-uefi.158369/
  2. Its best to use latest version of MaciASL with ACPI 6.0 or above to edit your DSDT
  3. Additionally in DSDT, find and replace all "XHCI" with "XHC"; replace all "EHCI" or "EHC1" with "EH01" and "ECH2" with "EH02"
  4. Get all kexts from above guide.
  5. Get rehabmans latest USBInjectAll.kext and VoodooPS2controller from GitHub.
  6. Create a sierra USB installer - there are several guides out there. I have had success with Clover. The only boot flags are "-v -kext-dev-mode=1". I also had kept patches from above guide but did not check to see if they are making any difference.
  7. Copy DSDT, SSDTs to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched and all listed kexts to /EFI/CLOVER/10.12/ on your installer USB.
  8. Boot with USB and install Sierra
  9. copy the EFI folder from installer to HDD after installation.
Thats pretty much it. Things that are not working
  • Builtin Bluetooth and Wifi. I am using external Edimax usb dongle for wifi. I don't use BT.
  • Sleep/ Wake - this is mostly because I am using an external installation of OS X on USB boot device.
Have a lot of patience. Have fun.
Ludacrisvp is awesome.
RehabMan is GOD. :)

Does your laptop's VGA port work? Mine has no output, but in 10.11, it works well.

Well I made a Sierra USB installer, using step by step instructions for Clover. I can get to the installer and I use disk util to make partitions for MacOS. But when I agree to EULA, select the new disk for MacOS to be installed, I get a prompt saying my laptop must be plugged in (it is).

I did try El cap installer and that worked fine, installed El Cap and got it to desktop but I wanted to use Sierra instead. Don't know why this isn't working right. Getting very discouraged.

Well I made a Sierra USB installer, using step by step instructions for Clover. I can get to the installer and I use disk util to make partitions for MacOS. But when I agree to EULA, select the new disk for MacOS to be installed, I get a prompt saying my laptop must be plugged in (it is).

I did try El cap installer and that worked fine, installed El Cap and got it to desktop but I wanted to use Sierra instead. Don't know why this isn't working right. Getting very discouraged.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Hey @RehabMan I read your guide for patch ssdt. One question i have some ssdt (ssdt 1, ssdt 2 ...ssdt 11). My question its i need apply patch in all ssdt or only in dsdt and the rest compile Without patches?

Thanks and sorry for this noob question

Hey @RehabMan I read your guide for patch ssdt. One question i have some ssdt (ssdt 1, ssdt 2 ...ssdt 11). My question its i need apply patch in all ssdt or only in dsdt and the rest compile Without patches?

Thanks and sorry for this noob question

It depends on the content of each SSDT and the nature of the patches you're applying.

Okey @RehabMan

I've been reading all afternoon and I'm lost.

The guide explains the patches that are needed. Now what I'm not clear is where to apply them

Resumen:

DSDT - here all?
SSDT-0 - any
SSDT-1 - Brightness?
SSDT-2 - SATA? Don't use any?
SSDT-3 - EC BAT 1
SSDT-4 - CPU? Don't use any?
SSDT-5 - CPU?
SSDT 6X - X Don't use
SSDT 7X - X don't use
SSDT 8X - X Don't use
SSDT 9 - BOD3
SSDT 10 - PPCD
SSDT 11 - CPU

Attachments

• SSDT.zip
    77.8 KB · Views: 73
Okey @RehabMan

I've been reading all afternoon and I'm lost.

The guide explains the patches that are needed. Now what I'm not clear is where to apply them

Resumen:

DSDT - here all?
SSDT-0 - any
SSDT-1 - Brightness?
SSDT-2 - SATA? Don't use any?
SSDT-3 - EC BAT 1
SSDT-4 - CPU? Don't use any?
SSDT-5 - CPU?
SSDT 6X - X Don't use
SSDT 7X - X don't use
SSDT 8X - X Don't use
SSDT 9 - BOD3
SSDT 10 - PPCD
SSDT 11 - CPU

Your profile indicates your Thinkpad T440s has only Intel HD4400 (no discrete graphics).
Therefore no need to patch any SSDTs at all.
Typically all such patching (renames) are done via config.plist.
Other patches to DSDT.aml only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back