Contribute
Register

T440s display artifact and not able to hibernate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Tried sleeping/waking up several times, no dice.
2) What do you mean by 'correctly'? The brightness control works but I am not sure if working is sufficient for being correct.
3) The ioreg is attached.

By correctly, I mean the best way known. You have done part of it (you have my "Brightness (Haswell)" patch), but you have not installed ACPIBacklight.kext (https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Backlight). It probably will not help, as the part I was after is done by the SSDT edits (PNLF._INI). But you will get better brightness control.

Next step is probably to investigate editing the framebuffer connector tables as appropriate for your IGPU memory setting (from BIOS -- as maybe it is different from what the native framebuffer expects).

By correctly, I mean the best way known. You have done part of it (you have my "Brightness (Haswell)" patch), but you have not installed ACPIBacklight.kext (https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Backlight). It probably will not help, as the part I was after is done by the SSDT edits (PNLF._INI). But you will get better brightness control.

Next step is probably to investigate editing the framebuffer connector tables as appropriate for your IGPU memory setting (from BIOS -- as maybe it is different from what the native framebuffer expects).

OK. I'll try to play with editing the framebuffer connector tables.
Thank you for your help so far. :)

I'm curious, I'm prospective company laptop shopping and wondering how "vanilla" or easy mavericks on a T440s? I've been following this thread but haven't seen any definitive answers and/or only easy-how to's (if even possible).

would anyone be able to shine some light for my future pain?

I too had the artifacting problem with intel 4400 and 10.9.4 on my friends machine!
It looks like I found a solution. (at least for my friends machine: Asus q550lf)
I simply changed his color profile to sRGB!
System Preferences-Displays-Color-sRGB...

Lets hope it helps others!

I too had the artifacting problem with intel 4400 and 10.9.4 on my friends machine!
It looks like I found a solution. (at least for my friends machine: Asus q550lf)
I simply changed his color profile to sRGB!
System Preferences-Displays-Color-sRGB...

Lets hope it helps others!

Thanks for this, It did help me indeed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back