Motherboard
GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 (rev. 1.3) with 16 Gb 1333Mhz DDR3
CPU
Sandy Bridge i5-2500K OC'd to 4.3 GhZ
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 1050ti /w 4Gb vram
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have been running Yosemite (10.10.5) on my Sandy Bridge (i5-2500K - OC'd) happily for the past couple of years and it has been very stable. I now need to upgrade my GPU and there is no real point in buying last-gen maxwell cards, now that web drivers support the Pascals. I therefore need to update to 10.12.4 via clover.

My system identifier is 12,1 (iMac 21.5-inch, Mid 2011). Do I need to edit this to 13,1 or 14,1 before I install my web drivers and swap out my current Kepler card for the 1050ti for it to work? Also do I need to change the boot argumentsvia the new method as been advised by TonyMac " <key>NvidiaWeb</key> .... <true/>

My system identifier is 12,1 (iMac 21.5-inch, Mid 2011). Do I need to edit this to 13,1 or 14,1 before I install my web drivers and swap out my current Kepler card for the 1050ti for it to work? Also do I need to change the boot argumentsvia the new method as been advised by TonyMac " <key>NvidiaWeb</key> .... <true/>
Before you update to 10.12.4 update Clover to the latest available version first.
No need to change the system definition.
You do need to change your config.plist because as of macOS Sierra, nvda_drv=1 in config.plist under Boot > Arguments is no longer working to initiate drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back