Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P
CPU
Intel Core i5-6402P
Graphics
IGP or 8800 GT
*** [UPDATE] Turns out the trackpad was ALPS. Thanks RehabMan. But it works with the fix I describe here. ***

Hi all.

I had great trouble with getting my Synaptics PS/2 trackpad working on El Capitan 10.11.6. Rehabman's VooDoo PS2 kext's did not work on my laptop. I could not use it to point like a mouse, the pointer was running wild all over the place.

So, I found this thread and followed it through: http://www.osx86.net/files/file/2272-updated-trackpadkeyboard-ps2-3264/

I followed the instructions given after "UPDATE, a BETTER one .."
I had removed all Apple kexts before, therefore I removed all VooDoo PS2 stuff manually from terminal. El Capitan has some more security added, so I could not copy the files to System/Library/Extensions by copying - I used KextBeast to install them.
*** By the way in El Capitan 10.11.6, other kext installers like EasyKext Pro, Kext Wizard, KCPM Utility Pro do not seem to work to install kexts, I managed to only make KextBeast work. Maybe related to my settings, I don't know. *** Then I copied the Trackpad.prefPane to the location specified, rebuilt permissions from terminal, rebooted laptop, and my trackpad works.

The trackpad I have is an old one from 2008, it has two mouse buttons as well. So, I can accurately move across the screen and use my mouse buttons to click. As far as I could see, the two finger scroll up-down and scroll right-left are working, tap to click does not work, the other multi-click operations are not working as well - but this is expected, as the this trackpad never had those capabilities.

For reference: My laptop configuration is:

Compal JHL90, Core 2 Duo P8700 2.53 GHz CPU, NVidia 9600M GT GPU, 3 GB DDR2 667MHz RAM, 1280x800 LCD panel, Samsung 850 Evo 256 GB SSD, regular DVD-RW drive it came with, Realtek NIC. Defined as MacBook Pro 6,1.

Geekbench 3.4.1 tryout 32-bit score is: Single Core 1408, Multi Core 2592

- Laptops Intel wireless card is not working, Bluetooth card is not working. I don't use Bluetooth anyway.

- Laptop has 3 USB 2.0 ports in a 2 ports + 1 port configuration, and one of the 2 ports is faulty, the two other ones are working fine in Windows and at boot process, for example I started Clover from the not-faulty of the 2 ports, but once MacOS boots, both of these 2 USB's do not work anymore. Only the +1 works.

So, I purchased a cheap 4 port USB 2.0 multiplier ( around 4 US$ ) and connected it to the working USB port. Currently it has both a USB wireless mouse and wireless NIC adapter working at all times - I am connecting USB flash drives to bring files from other computers, did not experience a problem yet - most probably as these devices do not suck much power from the power. Careful tough, I had purchased two of these USB extenders ( just in case one would not work ), they seem to be identical in every respect except one has a brand printed on it, and the branded one does not work in MacOS but works in Windows etc. You can see here what it looks like : http://shopping.rediff.com/product/...-hub-usb-port-for-laptop-pc-computer/16908166

Since trackpad was not working and only one USB port was functioning ( I could either use a mouse or a USB flash drive, not both together) , I had to wait until this 4-port extender to arrive to carry on post-install tasks.

- I purchased Asus USB-N10 Nano wireless adapter, and it works like a charm. It costs less than 10 US$ and the driver CD also contains two Realtek drivers for MacOS ( 10.6 - 10.8 and 10.9-10.10 if I am not mistaken ) and Realtek wireless utility as well. I had installed a newer version of it from a Hackintosh thread, but I suppose the versions included in the CD should be enough to make it work. It is now connected to the 4 port USB 2.0 extender.

- As I have my trackpad working, I can disconnect the 4-port USB extender and connect Asus wireless USB directly to that port. I will decide later on this.

Hope it helps someone, sometime.

Best wishes to all.

Last edited:
Hi all.

I had great trouble with getting my Synaptics PS/2 trackpad working on El Capitan 10.11.6. Rehabman's VooDoo PS2 kext's did not work on my laptop. I could not use it to point like a mouse, the pointer was running wild all over the place.

So, I found this thread and followed it through: http://www.osx86.net/files/file/2272-updated-trackpadkeyboard-ps2-3264/

I followed the instructions given after "UPDATE, a BETTER one .."
I had removed all Apple kexts before, therefore I removed all VooDoo PS2 stuff manually from terminal. El Capitan has some more security added, so I could not copy the files to System/Library/Extensions by copying - I used KextBeast to install them.
*** By the way in El Capitan 10.11.6, other kext installers like EasyKext Pro, Kext Wizard, KCPM Utility Pro do not seem to work to install kexts, I managed to only make KextBeast work. Maybe related to my settings, I don't know. *** Then I copied the Trackpad.prefPane to the location specified, rebuilt permissions from terminal, rebooted laptop, and my trackpad works.

The trackpad I have is an old one from 2008, it has two mouse buttons as well. So, I can accurately move across the screen and use my mouse buttons to click. As far as I could see, the two finger scroll up-down and scroll right-left are working, tap to click does not work, the other multi-click operations are not working as well - but this is expected, as the this trackpad never had those capabilities.

For reference: My laptop configuration is:

Compal JHL90, Core 2 Duo P8700 2.53 GHz CPU, NVidia 9600M GT GPU, 3 GB DDR2 667MHz RAM, 1280x800 LCD panel, Samsung 850 Evo 256 GB SSD, regular DVD-RW drive it came with, Realtek NIC. Defined as MacBook Pro 6,1.

Geekbench 3.4.1 tryout 32-bit score is: Single Core 1408, Multi Core 2592

- Laptops Intel wireless card is not working, Bluetooth card is not working. I don't use Bluetooth anyway.

- Laptop has 3 USB 2.0 ports in a 2 ports + 1 port configuration, and one of the 2 ports is faulty, the two other ones are working fine in Windows and at boot process, for example I started Clover from the not-faulty of the 2 ports, but once MacOS boots, both of these 2 USB's do not work anymore. Only the +1 works.

So, I purchased a cheap 4 port USB 2.0 multiplier ( around 4 US$ ) and connected it to the working USB port. Currently it has both a USB wireless mouse and wireless NIC adapter working at all times - I am connecting USB flash drives to bring files from other computers, did not experience a problem yet - most probably as these devices do not suck much power from the power. Careful tough, I had purchased two of these USB extenders ( just in case one would not work ), they seem to be identical in every respect except one has a brand printed on it, and the branded one does not work in MacOS but works in Windows etc. You can see here what it looks like : http://shopping.rediff.com/product/...-hub-usb-port-for-laptop-pc-computer/16908166

Since trackpad was not working and only one USB port was functioning ( I could either use a mouse or a USB flash drive, not both together) , I had to wait until this 4-port extender to arrive to carry on post-install tasks.

- I purchased Asus USB-N10 Nano wireless adapter, and it works like a charm. It costs less than 10 US$ and the driver CD also contains two Realtek drivers for MacOS ( 10.6 - 10.8 and 10.9-10.10 if I am not mistaken ) and Realtek wireless utility as well. I had installed a newer version of it from a Hackintosh thread, but I suppose the versions included in the CD should be enough to make it work. It is now connected to the 4 port USB 2.0 extender.

- As I have my trackpad working, I can disconnect the 4-port USB extender and connect Asus wireless USB directly to that port. I will decide later on this.

Hope it helps someone, sometime.

Best wishes to all.

You probably do not have Synaptics.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Hi, thanks for replying. I attached the zip file.

I'm OK with the way it works now.

Attachments

• adonmez234-ioreg.zip
    331.1 KB · Views: 383
Thanks a lot RehabMan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back