Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3
CPU
I5-6600K
Graphics
GTX 750 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook
Time to upgrade, and decided I,d switch to Radeon since it's supposedly easier on OS upgrades..

Is there some guide that I've missed?

Random posts seem to say that it's either a quick swap, delete Nvidia drivers and go go go , OR I have to compile WhateverGreen from scratch. Confusing.

Am trying to minimize downtime by researching first.

Halp!

Thanks

Just uninstall WebDrivers including CUDA (If you have it)....then shutdown, take out NVIDIA, put in RX580.

It will work out of the box in High Sierra (above 10.13.4+)

If you need support for dual monitors and up, put in Lilu and WhateverGreen in your EFI/Other folder.

WhateverGreen has disappeared from my Kexts / Other folder.. Is that normal?

Everything is working great as far as I can tell., Video acceleration is there, 2 monitors working fine (One HDMI, one DVI).

WhateverGreen has disappeared from my Kexts / Other folder.. Is that normal?

Everything is working great as far as I can tell., Video acceleration is there, 2 monitors working fine (One HDMI, one DVI).

Disappearing kexts are not normal. When you mount your efi partition, empty your trash, then copy the proper WhateverGreen.kext into kexts/other folder again and make sure Lilu.kext is there too. It should be smooth sailing.

Are you sure you put it in the right partition?

If your 2nd monitor is working then WG is loaded.

Going to try it now.. :)

I added a new lilu and Whatevergreen in EFI / Clover / Kexts / Other Wish is what you meant right?

Yes it needs to go into that folder.

I have 3 disk possibilities when I run EFI Mounter, and in none of those 3 i find WhateverGreen, nor is it under /library/Extensions where I had to install AppleALC for my sound card.. Odd.. Where do I find out for sure which EFI folder I'm booted with? Clover config?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back