Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Master
CPU
Intel Core i7-9700K
Graphics
Sapphire Radeon Nitro + RX 590 8 Go
Hello Guys,

I try since few nights to install Mojave 10.14.4 using UniBeast on my new hardware without success. I remove all the non essential parts in the PC to try booting with the minimal stuff:
  • Gigabyte Z390M Gaming;
  • 16GB Ballistix 2400Mhz;
  • 970 Evo Plus 500GB;
  • For now I used the integrated graphic card.
I put all the recommended BIOS setting from the Unibeast installation page. I've also updated the BIOS to F5.

I am able to boot on the USB, format my SSD memory, then start the installation. But then it starts a never ending loop. The computer always restart, I always select booting on the HFS partition, but it stay in this loop and never complete the installation.

Do you have any recommendation. I am a beginner so please try to b explicit in your reply.

Thank you in advance.

Y

Forgot to mention I7-9700K

Get rid of the Samsung 970 EVO Plus. It causes kernel panics in macOS.

Hello Guys,

I try since few nights to install Mojave 10.14.4 using UniBeast on my new hardware without success. I remove all the non essential parts in the PC to try booting with the minimal stuff:
  • Gigabyte Z390M Gaming;
  • 16GB Ballistix 2400Mhz;
  • 970 Evo Plus 500GB;
  • For now I used the integrated graphic card.
I put all the recommended BIOS setting from the Unibeast installation page. I've also updated the BIOS to F5.

I am able to boot on the USB, format my SSD memory, then start the installation. But then it starts a never ending loop. The computer always restart, I always select booting on the HFS partition, but it stay in this loop and never complete the installation.

Do you have any recommendation. I am a beginner so please try to b explicit in your reply.

Thank you in advance.

Y
Search the Internet with search Term 970 EVO PLUS in HACKINTOSH and decide what you have to do .

Search the Internet with search Term 970 EVO PLUS in HACKINTOSH and decide what you have to do .

We have a user that reported the evo plus working with OSXAptiofix-free2000 instead of Aptiomemoryfix driver.

It may just be an issue with aptiomemoryfix?

47419358-3EF3-49B7-B38B-A69F7DD4D928.png

Last edited:
We have a user that reported the evo plus working with OSXAptiofix-free2000 instead of Aptiomemoryfix driver.

View attachment 402992
On Gigabyte Z390 motherboards, even with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi installed, the Samsung 970 EVO Plus will fail.

View attachment 402992
  • The texts in the uploaded composite image is hardly readable here and in the original post
  • Anyone coming out making a claim when a lot of others have reported problem, owe to the readers of a Forum like this, to post very clear cut evidences with legible Images.
  • If I could see a System Report > SATA and SATA Express and Storage Screen captures showing Samsung 970 EVO Plus and/or the Disktility Screen Capture or diskutil list Command screen capture showing Samsung 970 EVO Plus with macOS Mojave, I could accept the post and recommend the method used to fix the problem reported by many.
    • What is the explanation for the role of OS X AptioFix2Drv-200.EFI in fixing the problem.

• I wanted to make this clear to the OP of this thread to make up his mind with Google search reading multiple posts with all aspects of this problem from different sources.

Attachments

• 1556675108277.png
    1556675108277.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 45
  • The texts in the uploaded composite image is hardly readable here and in the original post
  • Anyone coming out making a claim when a lot of others have reported problem, owe to the readers of a Forum like this, to post very clear cut evidences with legible Images.
  • If I could see a System Report > SATA and SATA Express and Storage Screen captures showing Samsung 970 EVO Plus and/or the Disktility Screen Capture or diskutil list Command screen capture showing Samsung 970 EVO Plus with macOS Mojave, I could accept the post and recommend the method used to fix the problem reported by many.
    • What is the explanation for the role of OS X AptioFix2Drv-200.EFI in fixing the problem.

• I wanted to make this clear to the OP of this thread to make up his mind with Google search reading multiple posts with all aspects of this problem from different sources.

The post asks others to confirm. Needs more tests and verification.

You could ask the poster to provide with the evidence.

Last edited:
Have you or someone else with a z390 tested it?
Yes, on the Designare Z390 at least two people have confirmed that it fails with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000. This doesn't mean the 970 EVO Plus will fail on every motherboard and every memory driver, but so far there seems to be only one claim of success. So that's why we're puzzled. We're not discrediting the claim, but merely asking for more evidence of confirmation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back