Contribute
Register

Support needed Z390 M Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, on the Designare Z390 at least two people have confirmed that it fails with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000. This doesn't mean the 970 EVO Plus will fail on every motherboard and every memory driver, but so far there seems to be only one claim of success. So that's why we're puzzled. We're not discrediting the claim, but merely asking for more evidence of confirmation.

That’s what it’s all about, it needs more testers to confirm or debunk it.
If it does work then maybe there could be a fix for aptiomemoryfix to allow widespread use. If it’s real those are really good speeds for an inexpensive drive. I’m surprised nobody else on that thread has tested it.

That’s what it’s all about, it needs more testers to confirm or debunk it.
If it does work then maybe there could be a fix for aptiomemoryfix to allow widespread use. If it’s real those are really good speeds for an inexpensive drive. I’m surprised nobody else on that thread has tested it.

There is a tangential and poorly documented reference to the failure to boot when SamSung 970 EVO Plus was used as the Target Disk for macOS Mojave #6 . Despite my request to upload screen captures, OP did not provide any and side stepped that in the post!
I understand you can use SamSung 970 EVO Plus as a Windows Disk as long as Clover is seeing a different disk to Boot macOSMojave.

Instead of encouraging more to test a disk (not inexpensive) that is reported by a lot of users as not able to be made a macOSMojave System Disk because of crash during installation despite the use of a modified Osx AptioFix... , we should rather ask those making a claim of successful use to post clear evidence with screen captures to prove their case. I am requesting mhafeez to provide a detailed post showing how SamSung 970 EVO Plus was used in his system.
Was that the macOSMojave disk?
Was that a disk that was loading Windows or other OS in a Multiboot System.

There is a tangential and poorly documented reference to the failure to boot when SamSung 970 EVO Plus was used as the Target Disk for macOS Mojave #6 . Despite my request to upload screen captures, OP did not provide any and side stepped that in the post!
I understand you can use SamSung 970 EVO Plus as a Windows Disk as long as Clover is seeing a different disk to Boot macOSMojave.

Instead of encouraging more to test a disk (not inexpensive) that is reported by a lot of users as not able to be made a macOSMojave System Disk because of crash during installation despite the use of a modified Osx AptioFix... , we should rather ask those making a claim of successful use to post clear evidence with screen captures to prove their case. I am requesting mhafeez to provide a detailed post showing how SamSung 970 EVO Plus was used in his system.
Was that the macOSMojave disk?
Was that a disk that was loading Windows or other OS in a Multiboot System.

It really is not a hard task to switch out aptiomemoryfix for the free2000 so encouraging others to test to verify should be easy. A quick verification, or invalidation, whereas placing the onus on one particular user to prove success will still only provide one data point so to speak. Repetition in my opinion would be a better measure of viability than a single source of confirmation. You do make a good point on showing more data like an IOReg bootlog etc. The original pic is low res and hard to decipher which can lead to obvious skepticism.

Reading up on these drives it is said to have the same controller as the non plus model but the memory is stacked differently. There are other 2.5” SSDs that have similarly stacked systems but they seem to work.
If nobody tests this drive with the free2000 further I may pick one up this weekend to test. I don’t have a z390 setup but can test with z97, z170 and a non intel setup.

It really is not a hard task to switch out aptiomemoryfix for the free2000 so encouraging others to test to verify should be easy. A quick verification, or invalidation, whereas placing the onus on one particular user to prove success will still only provide one data point so to speak. Repetition in my opinion would be a better measure of viability than a single source of confirmation. You do make a good point on showing more data like an IOReg bootlog etc. The original pic is low res and hard to decipher which can lead to obvious skepticism.

Reading up on these drives it is said to have the same controller as the non plus model but the memory is stacked differently. There are other 2.5” SSDs that have similarly stacked systems but they seem to work.
If nobody tests this drive with the free2000 further I may pick one up this weekend to test. I don’t have a z390 setup but can test with z97, z170 and a non intel setup.

mhafeez said:
Just wanna confirmed that I've successfully installed Mojave with a 970evo Plus. Here's my simple guide.

1. Copy via image with CCC (Carbon Copy Cloner) any fresh installed macOS Mojave from a real Mac;
2. Use a USB3.1 NVMe adapter and restore it with CCC;
3. Run it 1st time externally via USB3.1 NVMe adapter and setup the EFI;
3. After that, install the 970 EVO Plus internally to the M.2 slot; and
4. Start your system and enjoy.

p/s - Sorry for my bad English.
  • Above post is not a Clean installation of macOSMojave on a Samsung 970 EVO Plus
  • In the above post there was no mention about using OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000
  • I saw a reference to using the above method in a Hackintosh which you can read here-> #12 Once again, unfortunately, this poster never gave details, not even his System Hardware specs and hence

• I will look forward to Gigamaxx post for a definitive answer after the trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back