Graphics
Intel HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I have decided to build a new hackintosh. I did the research and I am sure these parts will work:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1150

Processor: Intel Core i3 4430

Graphics Card:
EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 2GB SC Edition Video Card 02G-P4-3747-KR

Ram:
Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600

HDD:
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM

Case:
Rosewill Line-M MicroATX Mini Tower

Power supply:
Corsair 430W ATX12V

And I am also planning on getting a pack of Cooler Master Sleeve Bearing 120mm fans.

I would like to see if this build is good, or maybe there are suggestion for different parts at a similar price (or maybe its incompatible all together). In any circumstance, I would still like to know from you guys.

Thanks in advance

I dunno if the GT740 is compatible, but the low end gfx is usually not much better than the built in.
If graphic performance isn't the most important I'd say save those money and get an i5, as it will outlast the i3.

It is also much easier to upgrade graphics cards down the line. Updating the CPU in the future will possibly need you to change motherboard as well, but changing graphics cards down the line is usually very simple.

Also getting 2x RAM sticks yields better performance, as you can run them in dual channel, increasing the performance.

Alright, thanks for the insight. I scraped the graphics card and upgraded the processor to an Intel Core i5 4690K. I also replaced the Ram with 2X4gb sticks. Thanks again for the advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back