Contribute
Register

Sudden Trouble Booting Snow Leopard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the resources...

I am not having any luck with any of this...

i get a different error for every booting flag method i use...

Should I just reinstall SL on my SSD?

HackyMac

I would test this on a standard Hard drive to see how it goes.

Or

You could see if it will re- install onto the SSD

Now one question - when you boot form the iBoot CD -and after its finishs it boot - do you see the Tony Mac red icon and the iBoot CD as icons on the screen or only the iBoot CD.

Big Thanks to Toten and Bald for all the help... Great to know there is such helpful support out there even many years after my system was built (3.5 years ago).

Good News is I was able to resolve this boot problem...

I was waiting to see if the system remained stable and so far so good after one day.

I went into BIOS and disabled the Firewire Port and while I was there I checked to see how the SATAs were setup... turns out as IDE.:-0

I know I did not change this recently. My only thought is that it was how I originally had it set up and it finally became unstable. Could this be true? or did it get changed somehow?

Either way I switched it to the recommended AHCI and all is well.

Hopefully It will remain stable and I wont have to bother anyone. :)

That is at least until I build my next system which having become reacquainted with this site and the new possibilities out there, may be sooner than later... ;-)

Thanks Again

HM

Big Thanks to Toten and Bald for all the help... Great to know there is such helpful support out there even many years after my system was built (3.5 years ago).

Good News is I was able to resolve this boot problem...

I was waiting to see if the system remained stable and so far so good after one day.

I went into BIOS and disabled the Firewire Port and while I was there I checked to see how the SATAs were setup... turns out as IDE.:-0

I know I did not change this recently. My only thought is that it was how I originally had it set up and it finally became unstable. Could this be true? or did it get changed somehow?

Either way I switched it to the recommended AHCI and all is well.

Hopefully It will remain stable and I wont have to bother anyone. :)

That is at least until I build my next system which having become reacquainted with this site and the new possibilities out there, may be sooner than later... ;-)

Thanks Again

HM

HackyMac

Good find and one that is over looked ...

As you stated your system is 3 plus years old and that motherboards battery is more like 4 years old.

Suggest you review and write down the settings in BIOS - all screens ( take pictures you can see for later use.)

And replace the Battery as this is a sign of the battery draining when settings in the BIOS change for no reason ( out of the blue as you mentioned).

Then using the pictures you can read - set the settings back - as replacing the battery may cause the BIOS settings to revert to stock.

Like IDE mode not AHCI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back