Asus GeForce 8400GS 512MB
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
[Sucess] GA-H55M-UD2H (F11), Core i3, NV 8400GS

Just finished upgrading to Mountain Lion on my budget build, stable so far and working 100%. I went with an upgrade of my Lion 10.7.4 install. I used XMove installed on a separate internal Hard Drive, as I had done when I moved to Lion from Snow Leopard. Installation went with out a hitch, but had a few issues afterwards.

Had to rollback NVDANV50Hal.kext (attached) to DP4 version to avoid kernel panic/hang up at boot. (could boot into safe mode, (-x) however)

Had to reinstall Lin2Mac ethernet driver from Multibeast.

Fixed built in audio by using Multibeast's -->Unified Device Injector--->ALC8xxHDA for Legacy and -->AppleHDA Rollback.

100% working with sound, network and QE/CI video, multiple monitor support, etc... Mountain Lion is great upgrade--worth the effort to get it installed IMO.

- jayman30usa

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 988
  • NVDANV50Hal_DP4.kext.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 533
  • ethernet.jpg
    ethernet.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 1,269
  • audio.jpg
    audio.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 1,244
iMessage, iClod problem

Can you send messages with iMessage?

I'm with the same configuration except the video, but i have problem with iMessage and iCloud. Can't connect with apple server :(

Do you have any of these problems?

Can you send messages with iMessage?

I'm with the same configuration except the video, but i have problem with iMessage and iCloud. Can't connect with apple server :(

Do you have any of these problems?

No problems with iCloud or iMessage both are working fine. Are you running a fresh install or upgrade? I upgraded from a previous Lion install that had iCloud and iMessage Beta already configured and working, all my settings were transferred over and it was all working as soon as it booted up.

Work perfectly but only after fresh install. I try to upgrade Lion, but i have KP. Maybe I'll try with different smbios. You use these from Multibeast (Mac Pro 3,1) am i right?

Work perfectly but only after fresh install. I try to upgrade Lion, but i have KP. Maybe I'll try with different smbios. You use these from Multibeast (Mac Pro 3,1) am i right?

I am using the MacPro 5,1 system definition from Multibeast. I had a KP too after upgrading -- had to rollback NVDANV50Hal.kext to DP4 version to get it to boot up.

Hi great to see your up and running,maybe you can help me. I have an 8400 gs as well, was working fine and recognized in Lion( after plist edit), but it shows up as unknown nvidia card in Mountain Lion and I'm getting some artifacts when running video. Did you do an edit or is the attachment in your post the kext that makes it work properly? Any assistance would be appreciated

Did you do an edit or is the attachment in your post the kext that makes it work properly? Any assistance would be appreciated

Just used attached kext, no edits necessary on my setup. I have GraphicsEnabler=Yes

USB Mouse/KB not working at all.

I have the same Motherboard. Running Lion 100%.

When I boot to the Unibeast Mountain Lion USB installer my keyboard and mouse are completely dead (it doesn't look like they have any power to them at all).

Do you have any thoughts on how to get past that?

My next step is to try what you did. Copy my current installation, then try the upgrade in place.

-Jason

I didn't have this problem, but I've heard that you can fix this issue by sticking your current DSDT.aml for your mb/firmware in the Extra directory on the USB installer, or installing xmove/unibeast onto a bootable hard drive instead of a USB stick.

Hope this helps,

-J

I have the same Motherboard. Running Lion 100%.

When I boot to the Unibeast Mountain Lion USB installer my keyboard and mouse are completely dead (it doesn't look like they have any power to them at all).

Do you have any thoughts on how to get past that?

My next step is to try what you did. Copy my current installation, then try the upgrade in place.

-Jason

I'm trying to install ML using unibeast 1.5.2 from scratch on this MB (i3-540 so HD Graphics connected through HDMI).

If I boot on verbose it freezes and the only error I can see is:

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(ResourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out

Any ideas on how to proceed with the installation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back