Contribute
Register

{Sucess}Fa90's Build - HAF-Cintosh: Core i5-4670k - GA-Z87x-D3H - 8GB DDR3-2800 - GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
{Work-in-Progress} Fa90's Build: Core i5-4670k - GA-Z87x-D3H - 8GB DDR3-2800 - GTX 760

Hi XmaD, ram should not be a problem, there aren't any limitations, but I would recommend you minimum some 1600mhz ram ;)

Kingston is very reliable, too!

Good luck!

{Work-in-Progress} Fa90's Build: Core i5-4670k - GA-Z87x-D3H - 8GB DDR3-2800 - GTX 760

Hi guys!

Almost a year since i build this hackintosh, it just works fine!

I just wanted to give you a small update on my current situation :)

i bought a used late 2009 Macbook Pro 13,3 and swapped the 250GB HDD and the Superdrive with a 1TB HDD and the 120GB SSD from this build. I created a FusionDrive and it works fine, too.

As Replacement for the SSD in the Hackintosh i installed 2x 500GB HDD (OSX + Windows)
So i slowed the whole thing a little bit down, but its not that much of a difference.

Another Difference to my Build is that i switched completely to wired keyboard and mouse, because i cannot access the bios via bluetooth keyboard. The Magic Mouse is great for surfing, but for gaming it sucks. Moreover i am using 3 Monitors at the time, works good for me. Maybe i`ll sell the wireless keyboard and buy a wired one with.

That was Hardware.

Now Software:
Updates worked like a charm, only thing to do after updating was to reinstall the Audio-Drivers for the Realtek with the latest Multibeast. I am now on 10.9.5 and waiting for 10.10 and unibeast support :)

Yosemite works quite well on my macbook, too.

I also installed the technical Preview of Windows 10 on the other 500gb hdd.

If you have any questions or suggestions how i could use my apple keyboard to access the bios (bluetooth) pls feel free to answer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back