Contribute
Register

Successfully moved Asus Z490-P, i9 10850 to Ventura 13.6.3

First of all, I want to thank everyone for the responses and participation. But still nothing. Same problem. I've tried almost all the settings you've suggested, including enabling AppleXcpmCfgLock, and then I also tried disabling SecureBootModel. The only suggestion left is from the moderator, which is to disconnect every driver and try again with just one hard disk. Due to time constraints, I'll give it a try tomorrow. The issue seems to be related to some kext communicating with the hard disks and SATA peripherals, as it detects the USB ports and the installation starts without any issues.

What a stress.

I think
1. Your board is broken
2. Drives maybe not formatted.
3. BIOS corrupted.

Either way, just connect all drives as you usually do, make Windows install USB and try Windows installation.
If anything is fine, then BIOS is OK. You may wish to update BIOS just to be sure.
If you see drives in Windows, then drives are OK.
If you don't see drives in Mac installation,
1. Remake USB installation *maybe Monterey or Sonoma to be sure.
2. Find another EFI
3. Try another drive.

In about 1 hour it will be very clear.

I think
1. Your board is broken
3. BIOS corrupted.

Either way, just connect all drives as you usually do, make Windows install USB and try Windows installation.
If anything is fine, then BIOS is OK. You may wish to update BIOS just to be sure.
2. Find another EFI
3. Try another drive.

I've tried all the solutions, but I rule out that the board is broken, also because I just tried with the Catalina image, and everything went fine. I've also redone the OpenCore configuration from scratch. I also rule out the BIOS, as otherwise I would have encountered issues with the other distributions as well. Now I'll try with a Sonoma image... I'll keep you posted.

I think
1. Your board is broken
3. BIOS corrupted.

2. Find another EFI
3. Try another drive.

The same stick but with the Monterey image boots in 10 seconds compared to 30s of Catalina and the 16 minutes of Ventura... I believe the issue lies in the EFI configuration or in some new driver/kexts released after the Catalina or Monterey distributions.

Meanwhile...I'm downloading Sonoma ...Let's hope so...

Attachments

• IMG_20240319_161443.jpg
    IMG_20240319_161443.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 4
The same stick but with the Monterey image boots in 10 seconds compared to 30s of Catalina and the 16 minutes of Ventura... I believe the issue lies in the EFI configuration or in some new driver/kexts released after the Catalina or Monterey distributions.

Meanwhile...I'm downloading Sonoma ...Let's hope so...
its very weird since this EFI works so well for me. Lets hope you resolve the issue whatever it is.

Back