Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. LC
  2. Performa
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I tried to upgrade my Monterey installation and finally found good EFI (0.9.7). I prepared installation USB first to check the EFI, and found it to be good *had to add pikera in boot args. I did the installation straight from the install app (not USB), but of course, moved all previous serials to the new OC config file. My hackintosh is presented as iMacPro 2017 with Sapphire Radeon 6600XT graphics, 32GB of RAM.

All is working now, on first boot, BT was a bit shaky, but now returned to normal.

1. On Ventura now. Generally the system feels a bit faster and the main advantage is that professional Apple apps are updated. I use Logic Pro and FCP for creative work.

2. My MBA M2 is already on Sonoma, so Ventura was familiar for me.

3. Sonoma is no go for because I use Fenvi T919 wifi and bt.

Last edited:
I tried to upgrade my Monterey installation and finally found good EFI (0.9.7). I prepared installation USB first to check the EFI, and found it to be good *had to add pikera in boot args. I did the installation straight from the install app (not USB), but of course, moved all previous serials to the new OC config file. My hackintosh is presented as iMacPro 2017 with Sapphire Radeon 6600XT graphics, 32GB of RAM.

All is working now, on first boot, BT was a bit shaky, but now returned to normal.

1. On Ventura now. Generally the system feels a bit faster and the main advantage is that professional Apple apps are updated. I use Logic Pro and FCP for creative work.

2. My MBA M2 is already on Sonoma, so Ventura was familiar for me.

3. Sonoma is no go for because I use Fenvi T919 wifi and bt.

Hi, I have the same motherboard and the same passion as you :)
Could you share your EFI folder? I would be very grateful <3

Hi I uploaded the EFI folder; please fill in MLB and other serials for your hackintosh in the config.plist. I used OCAxilliary Tools to fill in the numbers; I just copied them from my Monterey installation first and then filled in new EFI config.plist using OCA tools. I think you can generate random serials as well if you want it to be fresh installation. Also, before updating EFI always good idea to logout of Apple services and iCloud. Since installing new EFI I Ventura updated automatically well, except latest 13.6.4 which was not able to install but no big deal; I just left at Ventura 13.6.3. I also did not update EFI since then since everything is working including AppleTV, Facetime, Airdrop, etc, maybe even better than during Monterey installation. I noticed that you are using Intel GPU, beware that this EFI assumes Radeon GPU so it may be not that good fit for your system or you have tinker with either config plist or add some hardware GPU to your system. But there are also EFI for Asus 490P with UHD630 as well if you search.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 15.55.07.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 15.55.07.png
    115.1 KB · Views: 6
  • EFI.zip
    33.7 MB · Views: 23
Hi I uploaded the EFI folder; please fill in MLB and other serials for your hackintosh in the config.plist. I used OCAxilliary Tools to fill in the numbers; I just copied them from my Monterey installation first and then filled in new EFI config.plist using OCA tools. I think you can generate random serials as well if you want it to be fresh installation. Also, before updating EFI always good idea to logout of Apple services and iCloud. Since installing new EFI I Ventura updated automatically well, except latest 13.6.4 which was not able to install but no big deal; I just left at Ventura 13.6.3. I also did not update EFI since then since everything is working including AppleTV, Facetime, Airdrop, etc, maybe even better than during Monterey installation. I noticed that you are using Intel GPU, beware that this EFI assumes Radeon GPU so it may be not that good fit for your system or you have tinker with either config plist or add some hardware GPU to your system. But there are also EFI for Asus 490P with UHD630 as well if you search.
no need for SSDT-UIAC.aml when you have USBPorts.kext

(SSDT-UIAC.aml doesn't do anything without USBInjectAll.kext)

also your info.plist in your USBPorts.kext is using iMac20,1 but you are using iMacPro1,1 in your config.plist, they both need to be the same

also best to fill out prev-lang:kbd

Thanks a lot, JacCarson! I forgot to update the signature. Now I have a Sapphire RADEON RX 580 NITRO+. With my old Catalina/Monterey EFI, I couldn't install Ventura because when I reached the Disk Utility screen, I couldn't see the hard drives. I tried the 'diskutil list' command in Terminal and it confirmed that it only sees the disk image. So, I'm trying to solve this problem and hoping your EFI will help me.

Nothing, even with your EFI I don't see the hard drives

This is my current setup:
Asus PRIME Z490-P
I9-10900K
Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon Rx 580 8GB
2* WD_BLACK SN850X 1TB M.2 2280
4* SSD crucial mx
And various backup external hard drives

Attachments

• 1710758209359908540973626281502.jpg
    1710758209359908540973626281502.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20240318_113900.jpg
    IMG_20240318_113900.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20240318_113834.jpg
    IMG_20240318_113834.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 8
Nothing, even with your EFI I don't see the hard drives

This is my current setup:
Asus PRIME Z490-P
I9-10900K
Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon Rx 580 8GB
2* WD_BLACK SN850X 1TB M.2 2280
4* SSD crucial mx
And various backup external hard drives
make sure your BIOS settings are correct:

Disable:
Fast Boot
Secure Boot
Serial/COM Port
Parallel Port
VT-d (can be enabled if you set DisableIoMapper to YES)
CSM
Thunderbolt(For initial install, as Thunderbolt can cause issues if not setup correctly)
Intel SGX
Intel Platform Trust
CFG Lock (MSR 0xE2 write protection)(This must be off, if you can't find the option then enable AppleXcpmCfgLock under Kernel -> Quirks. Your hack will not boot with CFG-Lock enabled)

Enable:
VT-x
Above 4G decoding
Hyper-Threading
Execute Disable Bit
EHCI/XHCI Hand-off
OS type: Windows 8.1/10 UEFI Mode
DVMT Pre-Allocated(iGPU Memory): 64MB or 128MB
SATA Mode: AHCI

no need for SSDT-UIAC.aml when you have USBPorts.kext

(SSDT-UIAC.aml doesn't do anything without USBInjectAll.kext)

also your info.plist in your USBPorts.kext is using iMac20,1 but you are using iMacPro1,1 in your config.plist, they both need to be the same

also best to fill out prev-lang:kbd
Oh thanks a lot! :)

Last edited:
Thanks a lot, JacCarson! I forgot to update the signature. Now I have a Sapphire RADEON RX 580 NITRO+. With my old Catalina/Monterey EFI, I couldn't install Ventura because when I reached the Disk Utility screen, I couldn't see the hard drives. I tried the 'diskutil list' command in Terminal and it confirmed that it only sees the disk image. So, I'm trying to solve this problem and hoping your EFI will help me.
Not seeing hard drives is a bit strange and maybe not EFI related. If you can, maybe reformat the drive?

Not seeing hard drives is a bit strange and maybe not EFI related. If you can, maybe reformat the drive?
I had thought of a problem related to the ports, but then I said to myself, 'Hey, he has the same configuration as me and should start...booo... Well, I'll format the USB stick soon and let you know.

Back