Contribute
Register

Successful Laptop Install Spreadsheet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Added Samsung Q430-11 information. Hope this helps someone out. :)

Update with my Toshiba Satellite L40 - 157 (PSL48E) Only don't work wifi 8187B :)

Saludations!!

PD: Solved!! Wifi Realtek 8187B work with Official driver of realtek webside and RTL8187Bt.Kext :)

PD2: Update to 10.6.6 without probles, all work fine :), update too in the table of laptops.

I have 2 new laptops coming as it is time to upgrade from my Acer 1000he after a year of a VERY portable 5+ hr hackintosh!

Just bought an MSI 660GT and Samsung NP-RF510 in hopes one will work out well. Early research shows that the MSI has native ALC that should work OOB so we will see.

Will update the spreadsheet once I know what works where and how decent.

Hello

I have got Compaq Presario C700 having intel GMA X3100.I sucessfully installed the OS X 10.6 by iBoot. Everything was working fine after installation. But when i shut down my lappy and restarted it the problem starts. The while apple logo screen appres and than just white screen. I tried to boot in safe mode and it was working fine. It is worth to note that on the first boot audio,mouse,track pad,keyboard,display everything was working like original macbook.

If any body has got any suggestion to solve the above problem please post it here of in forum called 'laptop problems'

Thanks in advance.

osaca said:
It seems that someone deleted the "laptop model" column.

I think the "laptop model" it is very important
please add it
also one person or small team should update this spreadsheet
thanks

Installed SL 10.6.3(iBoot CD + MultiBeast 3.1), here is the result:

Dell Latitude E5500
CPU: Core2Duo P8400 2,26GHz
MEM: QPI 2x2GB 667MHz DDR2
VGA: Intel GMA945 - Works in 1280*768 (but not in 1280*800, but still better than default 1024*768)
LAN: Broadcom BCM5756 (not working, couldn't find driver)
WIFI: Broadcom BCM4322
FIREWIRE: Ricoh R5C832
AUDIO: IDT 92HD (plays sound but hardware volume controls aren't working (OSD works, but doesn't reduce/increase volume))

MISC: touchpad/joystick & keyboard is working after installing VooDooPS2 drivers with MultiBeast. VGA is semi-working (1280*768) if you extract your DSDT and use that instead of EasyBeast.

I hope it helps, later i will try to read up on DSDT-s and find out maybe i can make hardware controls working for soundcard or something.

Also i tryed to install Ableton Live 8.2, installed fine, tho had problem with integrated sound card, couldn't recognize it, but with my FireWire audiointerface (Focusrie Saffire) it did work perfectly.

Update with HP Pavilion Dv5-1113SE.

All Work perfectly, without problems.

Hi all

I finished installing SL 10.6.3 retail
boot with the iBoot-Legacy,
sound/video works without any issues
blue-tooth installed
not working: atheros wifi card and marvell nic

configuration details:
Processor Intel Core i3-330M 2.13GHz
Memory 4GB DDR3-1066 (2 DIMMs)
Chipset Intel HM55
Graphics Nvidia GeForce GT 330M with 1GB GDDR3
Display 14.0" TFT with WXGA (1366x768) resolution and LED backlight
Storage SSD 60GB
Toshiba-Samsung TS-L633C dual-layer DVD drive
Audio Stereo HD audio via Realtek codec
Ports 4 USB 2.0
1 eSATA
1 HDMI
1 RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet via Marvell 88E8059
1 analog headphone output
1 analog microphone input
Expansion slots
1 Express Card 34-mm slot
1 MMC/SDHC
Communications 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi via Atheros AR9285
Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
Input devices Chiclet keyboard
Synaptics capacitive touchpad
Internal microphone
Camera 1.3-megapixel webcam

Success with AR9285, using KextBeast and updating IO80211Family kext to the system.

Very nice tool, got my WiFI connected to my AP :)

Big THANKS to MacMan and Tonymacosx86 for writing this tool!

Entry # 36 on the spreadsheet, does anyone know what model that was? I'm looking for something very vanilla that I can buy because I don't really wanna spend the money on a laptop that might not have all the aspects working.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back