RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks for this spreadsheet.
I found my Laptop, Samsung R560, in it saying it works.

Now i only have to get it running, still have the problem of the screen flickering during boot from SL DVD and then freezes.

greetings

Would it be possible to sort by functionality percentage?

Here I share my experience of installing it on Acer Aspire 1830T. Encouraged by successful installation of 10.6.2 on Vmware, I proceeded to install using iBoot and Multibeast. I installed 10.6.0 and then also 10.6.3. In both cases it installed without any problem on disk partition on external drive :thumbup: . Here is the list of problems/things not working, but apparently all these relate to finding and installing right kexts (I believe :think: )

1. Screen resolution stays at 1024x768. I cannot manage to change it to 1366x768.
2. Wifi (airport) is not working.
3. Trackpad is not working.
4. I cannot get the system to boot despite using Multibeast. I have to use iBoot everytime.

These are the major issues. I will be grateful if someone can give me idea how to resolve these.

When I tried upgrading 10.6.0 to 10.6.4 (using combo upgrade), in the last minute the system would hang with grey screen and the ominous message to power off the computer. I tried it thrice with same result.

If OSX installs without hiccups, and it works with full functionality in Vmware, I still think that using correct drivers/extensions (kexts), fixing these issues should be the relatively easier part, though I cannot figure out how to do it.

Thanks to all for providing the resources and help.

Great job beelzebozo! Very useful for noobs like myself who are gonna try this on a laptop. Just wondering, what are the ones in yellow mean? Most successful installs?
Thanks again.

I have A Toshiba M205-S7452 with a Core 2 Duo centrino and i have succesfuly installed Dual OS, Snow leopard and Windows 7. Thanks to the guide from tonymac for dual boot installation and IBoot/Multibeast with post installation kexts thanks also to insalymac for their forums. Another reference is the people from Lifehacker that put up a very good visual tutorial http://gawker.us1.list-manage.com/track ... 1af99633c6.

Note:
-Apperently there is a problem with the new update of SL 10.6.5 that disable the USB so I install update 10.6.4 it was good.
-Ethernet card was not recognized by OS so i had to tweak the kext for the driver to read it. if you have a Marvell-Yukon 88E8039 you gonna have the same problem. Solution C.K revision http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofive ... 96959.html.
-I'm still booting from IBoot, i haven't been able to boot from HD (No big deal)
-When I fix the Kext from my Ethernet i did not re-new permissions the right way so in every boot i had kernel panic. Solution boot without caches from IBoot.
-Sleep mode no working properly, it freezes everything (another kext edit)
-No Wi-Fi yet

I share my experience of installing it on hp dv8380ea

all working except wifi because its a intel wm3945abg
system spects are
intel core 2 duo t5500 insert speedstep kext
graphics nvidia geforce 7600go fully working
usb working (without multibeast if multibeast installed not working)

whit the on this laptop everything is working
if i can not find a solution for the usb i stick whit the

this is my experience

gr Pieter

Gateway P6831FX entered into spreadsheet.. took me a while to get up and running but it runs perfect.. dual boot setup Win7/Osx.

thank you guys for everything. you guys rock.

Posted MSI GT725-212US 17" Core 2 Quad laptop...It took about a week of non stop adjustments to finally get it working well and booting off the HDD.

The last remaining issue is the mic and that its 32 bit.

Hildi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back