Contribute
Register

Successful installation of Sierra - i5 7600/gigabyte z270x-ud3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the time this error is caused by abuse/overuse of config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes.

Sorry, I'm new to the whole hackintosh (if you couldn't tell already haha). Does that mean the setup I had when it comes to the ACPI DSDT Fixes in clover only work for certain hardware configurations? To keep this from happening to other people what should I change/add to my guide? Thank you for sharing your knowledge and helping us NEWBIES :)

black screen after the apple logo boot loading its not going to the installation screen

I need more info than this.. do you have the same setup or board as I do? Did you install the IOS yet?
yes i have the following hardware
Gigabyte z270x-ud3
i5 7600k
Nvidia GTX 760

AND THE OS IS NOT YET INSTALLED

FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS TO THE "T"

3. Bios settings (press delete on boot screen for bios):

Step 1= Load Optimized Default
Step 2= IN BIOS Tab

Windows 8/10 Features = Other OS
Storage Boot Option Control = UEFI
Step 3= Peripherals Tab
Initial Display Output = IGFX
XHCI Handoff = Enabled (In USB Configuration)
Step 4= Chipset Tab
VT-D = Disabled
Internal Graphics = Enabled
DVMT Pre-Allocated = 64M
Step 5= Save and Exit

4. Press F12 to get into your boot selection screen and select your "UEFI" USB Drive (not the regular version of the drive).

5. You will need to make adjustments at clover boot screen before trying to install MacOS by using cursor arrows on your keyboard to scroll down to "options" button:
Set: boot argument = cpus=1
ACPI patching = under DSDT settings uncheck everything except USB fix.
Binaries: set fakeCPUID = 0x0506E3 (You will need to do this step every time you reboot or until you save these settings in the config file)

I
FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS TO THE "T"

3. Bios settings (press delete on boot screen for bios):

Step 1= Load Optimized Default
Step 2= IN BIOS Tab

Windows 8/10 Features = Other OS
Storage Boot Option Control = UEFI
Step 3= Peripherals Tab
Initial Display Output = IGFX
XHCI Handoff = Enabled (In USB Configuration)
Step 4= Chipset Tab
VT-D = Disabled
Internal Graphics = Enabled
DVMT Pre-Allocated = 64M
Step 5= Save and Exit

4. Press F12 to get into your boot selection screen and select your "UEFI" USB Drive (not the regular version of the drive).

5. You will need to make adjustments at clover boot screen before trying to install MacOS by using cursor arrows on your keyboard to scroll down to "options" button:
Set
: boot argument = cpus=1
ACPI patching = under DSDT settings uncheck everything except USB fix.
Binaries: set fakeCPUID = 0x0506E3 (You will need to do this step every time you reboot or until you save these settings in the config file)
have tried the above options but still the screen goes black

Were you adding two = signs to the boot argument? if so it only needs one.. cpus=1

It's hard to guess what you did wrong or what isn't working without being there or seeing what you're doing, exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back