Contribute
Register

[successful] Dualboot OSX ML on HP envy 6T Ultrabook

Status
Not open for further replies.
and one more thing out of boredom i decided to enable ati video patching and it looks like works fine

i was wondering if my amd radeon will work as a primary video card? perhaps but maybe not.

Screen Shot 2013-11-06 at 4.02.07 AM.png

You have to place config.plist to efi/clover. Use dpcimanager to check p states.

and after doing a bunch of checks i realized that i already have QE/CI enabled on intel 3000:)

• also i notice that my OSX can sleep and my power button flashes but when i wake it up it the computer acts like its turning on again (Flashes boot options) and on rare occasions i get a s.m.a.r.t hdd warning on boot until i boot to windows again.

and after doing a bunch of checks i realized that i already have QE/CI enabled on intel 3000:)

• also i notice that my OSX can sleep and my power button flashes but when i wake it up it the computer acts like its turning on again (Flashes boot options) and on rare occasions i get a s.m.a.r.t hdd warning on boot until i boot to windows again.

It's a problem with 6-series laptop using UEFI bootloader like Clover, there is no way to fix it. You can switch back to Chameleon.

• my laptop is a series 7

• i have windows 8.1 sharing this hard drive and EFI, i thought that clover was my ONLY option because Chameleon does not support EFI booting.

• my laptop is a series 7

• i have windows 8.1 sharing this hard drive and EFI, i thought that clover was my ONLY option because Chameleon does not support EFI booting.

If you have 7-series laptop, go to BIOS and enable UEFI (without CSM), post your config.plist and /Library/Logs/CloverEFI/boot.log here.

i dont think i have such settings in my bios, it's a insyde bios, very restricted :problem:

but heres a snapshot of my pci list in DPCIManager

it says series 7 a couple of times

Screen Shot 2013-11-07 at 3.00.53 AM.jpg

i dont think i have such settings in my bios, it's a insyde bios, very restricted :problem:

but heres a snapshot of my pci list in DPCIManager

it says series 7 a couple of times

View attachment 72969

Do you have any setting related to UEFI in BIOS?

surprisingly no, just the option to set uefi boot priority thats pretty much it

surprisingly no, just the option to set uefi boot priority thats pretty much it

It means your laptop doesn't support UEFI fully. Please post your config.plist and /Library/Logs/CloverEFI/boot.log here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back