Contribute
Register

[Success] Z97 Deluxe El Capitan Install 10.11

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok today i updated to 10.11.1 and rebooted and graphics got choppy at 7MB speeds, but the nvidia window prompt me to updated to the latest nvidia drivers install an rebooted, everything is working fine. I did tried this on a carbon copy clone back up first

Thank you for this guide, it is very helpful since it is specific to Z97 and not a generic guide. In the generic guide however, there is a whole section on installing drivers using multibeast after the install, did you skip that whole section and just installed the drivers via the rest of your guide? I've already finished the rest of your guide, so if I need to install the other drivers via multibeast, what should be installing? Some examples I see from other older guides are here, do I need this step? I noticed it uses Chimera and not clover and installed trim enabler which I don't think El Capitan needs anymore.

Quick Start > DSDT Free
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC1150
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Intel 9 Series Motherboard Support
Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA
Drivers > Disk > TRIM Enabler > 10.9.x TRIM Patch
Drivers > Misc > EvOreboot
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.8.1307
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.8.1307 Plugins
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.8.1307 HWMonitor Application
Drivers > Misc > USB 3.0 - Universal
Drivers > Network > Intel > AppleIntelE1000e v3.0.4.1a
Drivers > System > AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset
Bootloaders > Chimera v3.0.1
Customize > Boot Options > Basic Boot Options
Customize > Boot Options > Generate CPU States
Customize > Boot Options > Hibernate Mode - Desktop
Customize > Boot Options > Use KernelCache
Customize > Boot Options > 1080p Display Mode
Customize > Boot Options > GraphicsEnabler=Yes
Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac 14,2
Customize > Themes > tonymacx86 Black

Hi guys,

I just updated to the latest 10.11.2 with no issue. Note, make sure you have the latest Nvidia web driver compatible for Mac OS X 10.11.2 prior to updating your Mac OS X. And you do need to run dart=0 and nv_disable=1 on boot to finish the update...Then run the new Nvidia Web Driver. I don't have any sound issue after sleep. I don't have any wireless issue (Asus PCI-E card AC1900 the one with the 3 antenna) without any update...I want to note, I do have the latest BIOS from ASUS. Thanks again guys and good luck.

Can you help me perhaps?

I am getting a CPU caller 0 KP when I try to install El Capitan.

My setup is similar
Asus Z97-AR
i5 4590
650Ti
Broadcom ( apple ) wifi bt

Attachments

• IMG_0007.jpg
    IMG_0007.jpg
    604.4 KB · Views: 151
Have you understood and completed these steps prior to booting from USB?

1. To access BIOS/UEFI Setup, press and hold Delete on a USB Keyboard while the system is booting up
2. Load Optimized Defaults
3. If your CPU supports VT-d, disable it
4. If your system has CFG-Lock, disable it
5. If your system has Secure Boot Mode, disable it
6. Set OS Type to Other OS
7. If you have a 6 series or x58 system with AWARD BIOS, disable USB 3.0
8. Save and exit.

Especially CF-G lock, secure boot, and VT-D. These seems to cause the kernel panic.

Especially CF-G lock, secure boot, and VT-D. These seems to cause the kernel panic.

Where do you find CF-G lock and VT-D in UEFI?

Also, did you run multibeast after install? I'm having USB 3 issues. only 1 port works.

Where do you find CF-G lock and VT-D in UEFI?

Also, did you run multibeast after install? I'm having USB 3 issues. only 1 port works.

I'm not in front of my computer, but in the UEFI settings, should be with Advance, and these two CFG-lock and VT-D or VT-X should be related to the CPU. CFG-lock is more towards OS Secure boot or Windows boot vs legacy. It's within that area. Sorry I can't provide image as I'm not home. Away for the holidays. Also, don't use USB 3.0 port yet for OS boot.

I did not run Multibeast. His step is directly for Asus motherboard. Do run the clover configure as this replaced the Multibeast.

I'm not in front of my computer, but in the UEFI settings, should be with Advance, and these two CFG-lock and VT-D or VT-X should be related to the CPU. CFG-lock is more towards OS Secure boot or Windows boot vs legacy. It's within that area. Sorry I can't provide image as I'm not home. Away for the holidays. Also, don't use USB 3.0 port yet for OS boot.

Thanks for that, I found them. I took pics, maybe it'll help someone else find it.
20151219_200140.jpg20151219_200201.jpg

So for some reason all usb ports are working now without any change, but it shows the usb 3.0 hub I plugged in as USB 2.0 hub. So anything else I plug in runs at 2.0 speed. Then after plugging in various devices, only 1 port works now just like before. I don't know if I need to follow the USB 3.0 fix thread and load the other kext.
Screen Shot 2015-12-19 at 8.15.47 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back