Contribute
Register

[Success] Z77-DS3H Gigbyte Motherboard, Intel i5-3570K CPU, everything working great!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks, this is very helpful. going to check my settings based on your recommendations. trying to complete my 1st install tonight. will post update soon. thanks. James

Hey guys... if you did everything right, and the system still hangs, like mine.... -x -f on boot. -x=safe -f=fixes permissions...sort of. anyway that got me into my first boot. Good Luck

Hi all.
Similar sistem (I have Geforce 560TI AND SSD) And all work fine in 8.2 now
I can't enable trim and my Sata controller is mark as unknow. Do u know how I have to do?
Thank all

Sorry for being away so long. Life happened and well had to go about doing normal junk. haha

I am using sound from the board and plugged into my monitor so I guess that means its not HDMI, and not real sure how to tell to be honest. I guess i have the title of newb for a reason :)

As for UBS, I have plugged my USB 3.0 Hub into my USB ports and its all working regardless of the type of usb device i plug in. Sticks, hard drives, camera everything works.

Just installed the ML updates from Apple and the system is still rock solid.

Need to get me some speakers I think cause my sound sucks from my Viewsonic Monitor.

Tested Face Time and the embedded Camera works good as well.

My only issue is i wish i had spent more money on a better motherboard. sometimes this one takes 2-3 minutes to get past post beep. Always comes up though so all is good, just annoying and I really want me a thunderbolt port for some more monitor's.

oh well live and learn I suppose.

-Orthanos

excuse me, i have similar settings i7 3770, gigabyte z77-ds3h, 16 GB dd3 (4 sticks of 4gb), nvidia gtx 570, when trying to install i get a square between the apple with th a circle with a line through it..i was wondering what that ment. is it my ram?

My only issue is i wish i had spent more money on a better motherboard. sometimes this one takes 2-3 minutes to get past post beep. Always comes up though so all is good, just annoying and I really want me a thunderbolt port for some more monitor's.

Interesting, I have the same board (Rev 1.0) and the BIOS screen flashes for maybe a second before going to the ML bootloader. Do you have the extended POST enabled in the BIOS, like a full RAM test?

excuse me, i have similar settings i7 3770, gigabyte z77-ds3h, 16 GB dd3 (4 sticks of 4gb), nvidia gtx 570, when trying to install i get a square between the apple with th a circle with a line through it..i was wondering what that ment. is it my ram?

Not sure what that means to be honest.

Did you test your RAM with something like http://www.memtest86.com/ ?

Make sure you disable VT-x extensions and try using the HD4000 + DVI for initial install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back