Contribute
Register

[Success] Z77-DS3H Gigbyte Motherboard, Intel i5-3570K CPU, everything working great!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z77-DS3H
CPU
i5-3750K
Graphics
onBoard
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
My configuration:

GA-Z77-DS3H
i5-3570K
OnBard Video
Hard Drives:
*SAMSUNG HD103SI
*other older 7500RPM disks for storage
12 GB memory in 2x4GB, and 2x2GB sticks

Preparation:

*Read this board and search for advice from others

*Create a Mountain Lion installer on a USB-stick with the new Unibeast posted on the site
**Note to self, if it finishes in less than 5 minutes it did not work, downloaded a fresh version from the app store and it worked well

*Remove all USB cables except keyboard and Mouse

*Plug the USB into one of the motherboard USB ports, I made sure it was not usb 3.0

*Make sure your bios version is F6 and that the default settings are loaded!

*Change SATA MODE from IDE to ACHI.

*Make sure you are using the DVI port connecting to your monitor.

*Remove all hard drives except the one your going to install from

*Only use 4GB memory (Read a long time ago Mac's had issues with installing with more)

Mountain Lion installation:

*Boot from the Unibeast USB installer you created

*Format the partition or drive that you want to use, using disk-utility

*Continue the installer, select your newly formatted disk.

*When the installer is done, the computer will restart. When you arrive at the boot menu, select the now installed Mountain Lion (Not the Unibeast USB that is still plugged in)

*Follow along and finish the setup, until you arrive at the desktop.

*Disappointment set in at this stage with a 24" monitor displaying 1024x768, Keep going though.

*Run/Install multibeast. Use the settings shown in the attached image.

*Shut Down

*remove UBS Unibeast Installer

*reboot

All Done and Parallels working as well. everything works great, had to move all my files from my old Windows Disks to the Mac formatted disks, and its a sweet install.

Thanks for all the great guides and tips.

Attachments

• Multibeast.jpg
    Multibeast.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 2,731
Thank you for this, orthanos. I'm using the same MB with an i3-2105 CPU. One note, the install flash drive should be plugged into a USB 2 port, otherwise the Mountain Lion install will hang indefinitely waiting for the root device to mount.

Also, to use HD3000 with acceleration, I needed to patch as described here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/150-enabl...therboards-hd-4000-6-series-motherboards.html. I've tested DVI only, that's working properly.

Is your HDMI audio working? i've got the same hardware and installed in the same way but HDMI audio is not working (not even showing in audio settings).

Thanks

I have not done any over-clocking at all. Good luck, let me know how it works. :)

I am not using HDMI at all, I will check this evening to see whats in the audio settings.

I have some problems, keep getting kernel panics randomly, please help me.

I have a similar hardware setup (same MB, i7 3770K etc.) with the only difference being the RAM. I have bought 8GB capsules in order to able to use 32GB RAM as soon as I have som dough to spare. Everything seems to go fine until about 30 seconds into UniBeast OSX booting, then it suddenly just shuts down.

My BIOS-version is not the newest (May 2012). Having problems to get XP to run on this hardware so updating BIOS is currently a problem.

UPDATE: Tried using Q-Flash without any success. Tells me "File Size Incorrect!". Any workaround for this that doesn't include windows?

UPDATE 2: Found a solution for the "File Size..." issue; Self-extracting archive = unpacking it wit StuffIt and installing the binary in the resulting folder worked at fist try. :)

UPDATE 3: Tried all suggested boot-entries like -v for verbose, -x for safe mode etc etc. No luck.

UPDATE 4: After much frustration I once again searched the forum and found that UniBeast-stick installation for ML only works correctly if you launch the ML installer before doing the UniBeast preparation. And boom! Suddenly it works! :)

Need help! Getting random freezes and just make the hackintosh unusable, then I have to reboot, then the problem just reoccurs. This is not really a huge problem for me, but gets pretty annoying and sometimes I have to reinstall every time.

Update: com.apple.AppleFSCompression.AppleFSCompressionTypeZlib.... Was causing kernel panics (or what -v shows)
Just need to solve this problem. Help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back