- May 22, 2011
- Gigabyte Z170X-UD5
- RX 570
- Mobile Phone
Thanks for keeping this thread updated! I have the non-TH Z170x-UD5 and I ran into issues trying to overclock (boot loop). I'm going to try your steps above and see if that works.Update 39 (Overclocking to 4.5 GHz):
1. changed the BIOS settings under "M.I.T." > "Advanced Frequency Settings" to "CPU Upgrade i7-6700k CPU 4.5 GHz"
2. created a fresh SSDT for my overclocked CPU with ssdtPRGen.sh with3. Added "4500" to "Frequency MHz" in "Cpu" in my Clover config.plist because the "About This Mac" dialog did not show the higher CPU frequency OOB and was still resting at 4.01 GHz. However, I was able to see that the overclock worked with the Intel Power Gadget. Oddly enough, "About This Mac" now says 4.3 GHz i7 – I need to investigate this further.Code:
~/ssdtPRGen.sh -f 4500 -turbo 450
4. updated Geekbench results in the build description
5. updated BIOS settings in the build description
6. I will upload the updated SSDT once I figured out why "About This Mac" shows a wrong value for the CPU clock frequency.
7. uploaded the updated SSDT even though my "About This Mac" dialogue still outputs the wrong CPU clock frequency
8. I created a thread about the issue and will try to eventually fix this issue in the future