Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Yosemite on GA-Z97X-UD3H / i5-4690k / EVGA GTX760 (Work in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
Intel Core i5 4690K
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 760 SC ACX
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

First of all I'd like to thank you for this great website! It inspired me to start with installing OSX on my new pc. I was running an outdated AMD machine and was searching for new hardware when I stumbled on this website. I checked the buyers guide and finally bought the following setup:

Mainboard:
Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H
CPU:
Intel Core i5 4690K
Memory:
8gb Crucial Ballistix Tactical
Videocard:
EVGA GeForce GTX760 SC ACX

I've installed all these compontents in my current Coolermaster Centurion 5 case with the following components:

2x Samsung Evo 840 120GB SSD
Coolermaster M2 Silent Pro 720W PSU
And one 1.5TB Samsung drive.

For 2 weeks I've read the forum and borrowed my brothers MacBook Pro to install the Unibeast USB drive using the following guide:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/445-unibe...supported-intel-based-pc.html#create_unibeast

My first try I did not boot with any bootflags. And this failed 7 minutes before finshing the installation. So I've tried to remove one stick of RAM as stated in this thread:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...ess-yosemite-ga-z97x-ud3h-i5-4690-gtx660.html

This time the installation went flawless without any bootflags. Honestly I was a bit disappointed that it was this easy.. :think: (I like a challenge ;))

I've continued installing multibeast with the same settings as the thread of agavasan.

Now I've got a stable system with sound and everything seems to work. However I haven't tried iMessage, iCloud, FaceTime etc because I've read that iMessage and FaceTime only work with a clover installation.

So a clover install possibly with a Windows 7 dualboot on two different SSD's will be my next project.. Any tips and tricks are welcome!

Hello,

First of all I'd like to thank you for this great website! It inspired me to start with installing OSX on my new pc. I was running an outdated AMD machine and was searching for new hardware when I stumbled on this website. I checked the buyers guide and finally bought the following setup:

Mainboard:
Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H
CPU:
Intel Core i5 4690K
Memory:
8gb Crucial Ballistix Tactical
Videocard:
EVGA GeForce GTX760 SC ACX

I've installed all these compontents in my current Coolermaster Centurion 5 case with the following components:

2x Samsung Evo 840 120GB SSD
Coolermaster M2 Silent Pro 720W PSU
And one 1.5TB Samsung drive.

For 2 weeks I've read the forum and borrowed my brothers MacBook Pro to install the Unibeast USB drive using the following guide:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/445-unibe...supported-intel-based-pc.html#create_unibeast

My first try I did not boot with any bootflags. And this failed 7 minutes before finshing the installation. So I've tried to remove one stick of RAM as stated in this thread:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...ess-yosemite-ga-z97x-ud3h-i5-4690-gtx660.html

This time the installation went flawless without any bootflags. Honestly I was a bit disappointed that it was this easy.. :think: (I like a challenge ;))

I've continued installing multibeast with the same settings as the thread of agavasan.

Now I've got a stable system with sound and everything seems to work. However I haven't tried iMessage, iCloud, FaceTime etc because I've read that iMessage and FaceTime only work with a clover installation.

So a clover install possibly with a Windows 7 dualboot on two different SSD's will be my next project.. Any tips and tricks are welcome!

Did you test your sound after wake up from sleep? I have the same motherboard and I lose sound after wake up from sleep.

No I haven't tested this. I'm currently trying to get iMessage and FaceTime to work.. When that is working I will test it.

Hi, how have you got on with your setup regarding the sound after sleep, iMessage etc?

I am looking at the same mobo/cpu for my next project.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back