Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Yosemite on GA-Z97X-UD3H / i5-4690 / GTX660

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive followed this guide and I cant seem to get past the apple logo when the loading bar goes slow and only finished half way. any ideas?

Thanks for a great guide. I had same problem, but when I leave onle one SSD "Yosemite"-install drive, everything goes fine. Before that loading bar onle finished half way. So remove all ram sticks (leave just one, and all the rest unnessery hardware.

Now I have good working Yosemite only two issues: Booting is very slow vs. Maverics. And also when I close Yosemite apple --> shutdown, It´ll reboot all the system! Any idea? Trimenabler is 10.10. do I need something else to do with Multibeast? Idon´t want to make any wrong changes, cause everything else is working fine and I could live with these minor issues.

Hi,

Thank you for your post~

Do I need to remove my GTX 660 , only use on-board HD 4000 when install Yosemite?

sorry but at which point of time during the installing you will install the driver of the mobo and its component like Ethernet port,sound etc?

Try turn off TRIM support
I found out that not every SSD could do TRIM support.
I am using adata SP600
If I turn TRIM Enabler on in multibeast.
It will freeze at the half way of the loading bar

I need to reinstall Yosemite to fix this.

Hi good folks,

I'm working on a video-server build (QLab / Adobe CS6 / DaVinci) with:
Gigabyte Z97X-UD3h-BK
i7 4790 3.6 GHz
Asus GTX760-DCMOC-2GD5
2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz (CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10)
Kingston mSATA 120GB SSD
2 x WD Red 3TB - Striped RAID
1 x WD Black 1TB - Backup
PSU: Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 550W
Behringer FCA1616 audio interface
OS X 10.10.1

I keep having random freezes, so started following up on all the tips I could get from this forum.
But I wasn't successful.
I removed the GTX760 to make sure it's not the graphics that freezes the system.
Also removed FCA1616 during install and testing.

BIOS - after Load Optimized Defaults:
  • XMP Profile 1
  • Enhanced Stability for memory
  • CPUID Max disabled
  • Virt.Tech. disabled
  • VT-d disabled
  • XHCI auto
  • XHCI hand-off enabled
  • EHCI hand-off enabled
  • WoL disabled

MultiBeast settings:
  • DSDT Free
  • ALC1150
  • 3rd party SATA
  • FakeSMC
  • E1000e v3.1.0
  • Chimera v4.0.1
  • 1080p
  • Basic Boot Options
  • Hibernate desktop
  • Kext Dev Mode
  • Use KernelCache
  • iMac 14,2 (also tried MacPro3,1)

I keep getting random freezes... systems stalls....:banghead:
(at this moment still testing without GTX760)

(I tried installing FakeSMC plugins, but after reboot system froze immediately.)

All help would be very very welcome!!!

Hello everyone, that is my guide to successfully install OS X Yosemite for the Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H. It works everything except iMessage and FaceTime, you can enable them following this guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html

First of all, remove all the RAM sticks except one.

Follow this guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/445-unibeast-install-os-x-yosemite-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html from step 1 to step 4.

IMPORTANT: when you will boot for the 1st time and when you just installed Yosemite (before installing drivers with MultiBeast) boot with these flags: "-x GraphicsEnabler=No"

Install MultiBeast with these options:

Quick Start > DSDT Free
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC1150 (because that's the audio card we have in our motherboard)
Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.11.1328
Drivers > Network > Intel > AppleIntelE1000e v3.1.0 (to enable the ethernet connection correctly)
Drivers > AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset
Bootloaders > Chimera v4.0.0
Customize > Boot Options > 1080p Display Mode (of course just if you have a 1080p display)
Customize > Boot Options > Basic Boot Options
Customize > Boot Options > Hibernate Mode - Desktop
Customize > Boot Options > IGPEnabler=No
Customize > Boot Options > Kext Dev Mode
Customize > Boot Options > Use KernelCache
Customize > System Definitions > Mac Pro > Mac Pro 3,1 (usually it's better choose this to avoid kernel panic)
Customize > Themes > tonymacx86 Black (you can choose the one you want)

Then, just in case you have an SSD, check this option:
Drivers > Disk > TRIM Enabler > 10.10.0 TRIM Patch

Now cross your fingers and reboot! Press F12 when the PC is restarting and boot from the drive you installed Yosemite, everything should work fine! I'll post the guide to enable HDMI audio ASAP. Hope this will help!

EDIT: just in case you have a kernel panic, boot up with -x in safe mode and install this MultiBeast driver:
Drivers > Misc > NullCPUPowerManagement

OK. I am concerning for the audio. Did you get the audio work after MultiBeast's 1150 driver??

Thank you, agavasan You're so great.

I follow your method and it works. Yes, the issue is the 16GB of RAM. And there is actually no need to disable on board graphics card (which will make the audio function abnormal).

And the boot flags of "-x GraphicsEnabler=No" is needed before the setup of MultiBeast. Otherwise you will not be able to reach the installer (both the 1st installation and the 2nd installation after the reboot).

Thank you so much. And after the setup of MultiBeast, I shut down my PC then plugged the other 8GB of RAM back then boot again. It's a miracle that I am able to enter the system. But everyone should be patient that int the Apple bar screen it takes about 2 minute to start so do not turn off your PC. Finally, enjoy your Yosemite.

I'm looking to change my motherboard and yours looks most promising of them all out there on Yosemite. Does sleep work? Was it a smooth installation?

However, I found a issue that after installation and multibeast setup and then I plugged the other RAM of 8GB back.

Today I modified a kext file in the SLE folder. I had to add my wireless card's VEN and DEV ID into the IO80211Family.kext's plist.

After I clicked "More to Tash" of IO80211Family.kext file in the SLE folder, my system freezes. So I wonder if this freeze is caused by the RAM of 8GB*2?

So next time, if I am going to change the SLE folder, I have to unplug a RAM first, then after the installation of the kext files, just plug the RAM back.

Have anyone experienced the same issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back