Contribute
Register

[Success] XFX RX 6600 XT graphics card in Monterey 12.2.1

I have pretty same build as you (i5-9400 and RX6600XT) and currently, I can run Monterey on RX6600XT. But I still have some problem.
  • At login screen, after entering password then pressing enter, the screen goes black for few seconds then go to desktop.
  • My monitor has option to select the DisplayPort version, it works fine if I select DP 1.2 but if i choose DP 1.2+HDR, the screen turns black then reports no signal.
Have you faced any issues above on your build. Or did you have any patch/fix related to it?

Thank you very much.

@alex.trieutuan
No, I don't have these issues. Do you have variable refresh rate for your monitor in Displays? If yes, set it to fixed if now it's set to variable. Also, if there is a HDR check box, try selecting the box and not setting HDR in the monitor menu.

@alex.trieutuan
No, I don't have these issues. Do you have variable refresh rate for your monitor in Displays? If yes, set it to fixed if now it's set to variable. Also, if there is a HDR check box, try selecting the box and not setting HDR in the monitor menu.
My monitor is 2k 165Hz, using DisplayPort and I also set to fixed 165Hz. And the HDR checkbox in Mac Display Settings only visible if I choose DP1.2+HDR DisplayPort version on monitor (Which previously worked fine with RX580).

Are you using headless iGPU or anything special on OpenCore Device Properties?. I am using SMBIOS MacPro7,1 and also set headless iGPU (0300913E). If you don't mind, could you please share me your OC. It might be helpful for me.

Thank you very much.

@alex.trieutuan
First, MacPro is a model that lacks iGPU so the best practice is to avoid iGPU code in config.plist. I have the integrated graphics disabled in boot args (-wegswitchgpu). None of the MacPros had ever iGPU, they work best without iGPU, forget headless mode for this SMBIOS.

I attach my Monterey EFI with MacPro7,1, set your serials (4 items) before using it.

Do ResetNVRAM the first time you boot with this EFI.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 141
@miliuco , is the DSC issue conversated in this thread true? If yes would you advice a solution?

I've just built my new hackintosh and looking for a plug & play GPU solution, you know just like my old Nvidia kepler GT710. OK even as I can understand the rx6600 is not plug & play, the "arg agdpmod=pikera" trick you've mentioned seems easy enough to do, so I've decided to go for a 6600XT GPU but the issue on the thread I've posted confuded a lil' bit . (I have a 2k 144hz monitor)

Last edited:
@TheOlorin
Can't say anything sure, I have 2 4k 60Hz monitors, not tried yet frequencies above this.

Hey

I currently have a XFX RX 6600 XT Swift 210 and I'm planning to install Monterrey. Does anyone know if it works? Does someone have experience flashing the RX 6600 XT, I could flash it to the vBIOS of this example.

Does someone have experience flashing the RX 6600 XT, I could flash it to the vBIOS of this example.
You don't have to flash the Vbios. Try it first with the existing one. Read post #1 again, there's no mention of flashing the Vbios of the XFX card. It was only required for the older Polaris XFX RX560s from over 5 years ago.

Last edited:
"The curiosity killed the cat"

Good evening, everyone.

I'm recently racing an "issue" with my new hackintosh. The system works just fine but just for curiosity I tried the Geekbench benchmark for GPU I was surprised when the screen popped 18,000 score for OpenGL API - low score. It should have been around 70,000 for this GPU, RX6600.

The system seemed fine until the moment. Does anyone has any clue to what might went wrong in my hackintosh configuration? I've attached a few screenshot of the system.

ps: I've tried the Henbury and Deepbay framebuffers but it seems to be worst.

Attachments

• Captura de Tela 2023-12-10 às 16.45.48.png
    Captura de Tela 2023-12-10 às 16.45.48.png
    584.9 KB · Views: 14
There is nothing wrong in your Hack. Apple dropped support for OpenCL in their drivers, the low score is normal when testing in Geekbench. I had a similar result with my RX 6700 XT. The metal result is what matters.

Back