Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP4530s
CPU
i3
Graphics
HD 3000
Hello
I'm trying to help my son to install Maverick 10.9.2 on his PC.
The configuration is; Asus Sabretooth x79/ Intel i7 3930/ GeForce 210.
We have used Unibeast and the following boot flags that we found in DaveVegas guide;
"-v npci=0x2000 cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=no".
It frooze with the message "Success with loading" and another trial gave the message
"Still waiting for root device".
We tried different boot flags but no success more than the above messages.
Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Hello
I'm trying to help my son to install Maverick 10.9.2 on his PC.
The configuration is; Asus Sabretooth x79/ Intel i7 3930/ GeForce 210.
We have used Unibeast and the following boot flags that we found in DaveVegas guide;
"-v npci=0x2000 cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=no".
It frooze with the message "Success with loading" and another trial gave the message
"Still waiting for root device".
We tried different boot flags but no success more than the above messages.
Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Hello!

I don't claim to be an expert of any kind, but did you try safe boot? ( -x flag)

Often does the job - just to get you to boot and run MultiBeast to install kexts, bootloader, boot flags, etc.

Also - take a look around the forums. I think in the Graphics section there was a thread about which cards needed GraphicsEnabler=Yes, and with =No.

Also - could you specify - are you unable to boot the installation or are you unable to boot from the hard drive after done installing?

Cheers!

Thank you, littlegreen.
Yes, we tried -x but got a fairly instant kernel panic, like with all the most common boot flags
that we tried.

What I understand GraphicsEnabler should only be "yes" when the cpu has Intels integrated graphic
that you want to use, like in the HP 4x30s I managed to macify, but I'll look in the Graphic forum,
hopefully I'll find something.
And thank you for directing me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back