Intel HD 4600 1gb
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey everyone.

When I was researching the parts for my hackintosh, I noticed many people asking whether anyone had had success with the h87n-wifi or z87n-wifi but no one had any answers, so I've decided to write a post.

First up my specs:
Intel core i5 4430 3ghz
16gb (2x8gb) 1600mhz mushkin ram.
Gigabyte ga-h87n-wifi
Intel HD 4600 (for now, soon to upgrade to gtx 760)
120gb Samsung 840 evo (boot drive)
640gb western digital green for windows.
Mac OS X 10.8.5
Bitfenix prodigy
Cooler master oem 450watt 80+ silver psu.

TLDR:
Was a great success with pretty much everything working perfectly out of the box.

So first up, I set the bios according to a guide I found for all "7 series motherboards", so I suggest you try and find that. I also set the boot mode to legacy only (to help when it came to windows installation) and made sure I set the graphics to the integrated since I am using integrated.

The install went super smooth, I used a multibeast flash drive with 10.8.5 and it booted instantly with no boot flags.
After install I had to boot with safe mode initially to get into the setup etc, then after running multibeast I no longer needed to.

After install Ethernet was already working out of the box, but in multibeast I still set the audio and Ethernet drivers. After multibeast I was having some issues woth Ethernet, where only the atheros one works now, whereas before multibeast the intel Ethernet was working fine. (Intel Ethernet is furtherest away from wifi).

Like I said, pretty much everything works out of the box:
Graphics recognized with 1080p resolution working fine and 1gb graphics memory recognized. Animations etc all work smoothly.
Bluetooth works out of the box (wifi doesn't work).
Sleep works fine out of the box
Audio works fine after multibeast.
Ethernet is a little weird after multibeast where only one port works and it takes a long time to connect. Sometimes won't reconnect after sleep. Need to fix this.
No boot flags or anything was needed. Everything just seems to be working great.

My system got a 10000 I'm geekbench under Mac OS X and 12000 under windows.

If there's anything else you want to know from this just ask and I'll answer. This is my first hackintosh and I'm super happy with how easy it was (after my very bad experience a couple years ago).

I assume that since the h87n-wifi works pretty much perfectly that the z87n-wifi would be the same.

I've got a very similar setup (same board, ram, etc) only I have the latest i3 cpu. I'm having trouble finding the BIOS guide you mentioned, can you list out your BIOS Settings?

Thanks

I have basically the same setup, got to install OSX but will only boot up from the USB using -x in safe mode. Which boxes did you select in multibeast?

I have basically the same setup, got to install OSX but will only boot up from the USB using -x in safe mode. Which boxes did you select in multibeast?

So after you've installed OS X you will need to boot with -x and run multibeast. Select the dsdt checkbox (the second box in the list, underneath easybeast. Always select this). In multibeast you will need to install chimera (that's the most important as it's the boot loader) and also the audio and Ethernet Kexts. You find out the audio one you need, google your motherboard, go to the manufacturer website and see the specifications, it should list which audio and Ethernet you have, so find the corresponding ones in multibeast).

After this you should reboot, and boot from the hard drive, not your usb. Set the hard drive as the first boot device. (Your bios settings should be set like the link I posted above). You can remove the flash drive, and if all goes well you should be able to boot without any boot flags and without the usb.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks for the help! I got the Ethernet port working, but no audio. I have the same motherboard as you (H87N-WiFi) and I am using the hdmi port, are you getting audio? I picked the ALC892 checkbox. Thanks again!

Thanks for the help! I got the Ethernet port working, but no audio. I have the same motherboard as you (H87N-WiFi) and I am using the hdmi port, are you getting audio? I picked the ALC892 checkbox. Thanks again!

I know that a lot of people have trouble with getting audio over hdmi on most motherboards, so what I'd suggest you do is going to system preferences, selecting audio and seeing if there is an option for the hdmi output. If not, then I suggest googling a fix for hdmi audio as it's likely well documented. Sorry I couldn't be much more help :(

This is my current setup with OS X 10.9.2

Post install tools & set-up:

Multibeast 6.1.0 (see screenshot)
(load *.mb file in multibeast for autosetup)

Chameleon Wizard 4.3.2 (see screenshot)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-03-30 at 10.46.48 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-03-30 at 10.46.48 PM.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 504
  • H87N-WIFI.mb
    6.9 KB · Views: 318
  • Screen Shot 2014-03-30 at 10.49.41 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-03-30 at 10.49.41 PM.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 406
Status
Not open for further replies.