Contribute
Register

[Success] VGA port fix for Intel HD 3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
frankpc said:
Does this allow VGA, HDMI, and DVI to output video at the same time?
I don't know and haven't been able to test this

Thanks eldarsudden, I will try as soon as possible, i will let you know! :)

Can you please explain the point 5? What I have to do?

I do all the steps until 4, then?

After all 4 steps you need to reboot your system. So, if you will get blackscreen after apple boot logo, put your system to sleep and wake up. After that blackscreen dissapears.

nathreed said:
Would this work on a GA-H61N-USB3 motherboard? Maybe not b/c different chipset? Please reply anyone! Its really a deal breaker for me...
I was talking about this motherboard model above.

eldarsudden said:
1. Use MacBook8,1 smbios.plist (e.g. from last MultiBeast).
2. Try to add the following code to your DSDT, Scope (_SB) section (e.g. via DSDT Editor or DSDTSE).
Code:
Device (IGD0)
            {
                Name (_ADR, 0x00020000)

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                {

Store (Package (0x06)
                  {
                      "AAPL,snb-platform-id", Buffer (0x04)  {0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00 },
                      "hda-gfx", Buffer (0x09) {"onboard-2"},
                      "device-id", Buffer (0x04) {0x16, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00}
                  }, Local0)
                  DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                  Return (Local0)
              }
       OperationRegion (IGDP, PCI_Config, 0x40, 0xC0)
       }
3. Binary patch Kexts by yourself (e.g. via modigliani-intelhd3000Patch-v3) or use attached 10.7.4 Intel HD 3000 VGA FIX.zip
4. Try to add the following lines to Chimera bootloader with your resolution [/Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist]:
Code:
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
	<string>1680x1050x32</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
5. System will boot with black screen, you need to make sleep and wake up manipulation.

Are these edits specific to BIOS version F3?

I purchased a Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 motherboard because it is a micro ATX and will fit in the rack-mount chassis that I had and it had a DSDT in the database. I combined this with an Intel core i3-2100 processor and two 4 GB DDR3-1333 Crucial DIMMs.

I used a PNY GeForce 210 graphics card from my first Hackintosh build to get the Lion upgrade (OS 10.7.4 from OS 10.6.8) installed and everything seemed to work well. I later changed the processor to an Intel core i3-2105 and I pulled the GeForce card and I was able to use the DVI output from the HD3000 graphics.

I wanted to get the built-in HD3000 graphics to work on the VGA output, and I found this thread. I tried the instructions and modified kexts provided by Pippo but it wouldn’t work for me. On boot, the process gets hung up. I get an error where it is waiting for something:

From path: “uuid”, Waing on <dict ID=”0”><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID=”1”> IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID=”2”>boot-uuid-media</string></dict>

Later in this post I found some newer modified kexts provided by eldarsudden that seemed to be specifically for OS 10.7.4 which is what I had. I installed these kexts, used MultiBeast to modify the smbios.plist to specify MacBook8,1 and I added the GraphicsMode key into /Extra/org.chamelion>Boot.plist I did not attempt to edit my DSDT.

I still end up with the boot process hanging at the same spot where it is “Still waiting for root device”

Where have I messed up? What do I need to try next?

I booted with PCIRootID=1 and I was able to get through the boot process with the DVI display and the kexts from eldarsudden. I then tried it with the VGA display, and it just seems to hang in the boot process. So, I plugged in the DVI display while it was hung in the boot process and both the DVI display and the VGA display came alive with a mirrored image and an error message on the VGA display about not being able to display that video mode (1600x900).

I set the DVI resolution to 1024x768 (supported by the VGA display) and everything seemed fine, until I unplugged the DVI display, and everything went black on the VGA display as well.

I put the computer to sleep, brought it back out and I only had DVI video. Unplugging the DVI cable did not bring the VGA video back.

How do I get this to work with ONLY the VGA display plugged in?

Is this where I need to download and install switchresx, or won't that solve my problem of being able to run with only the VGA display?

I had it successfully working once. Changed resolution it all went ka-put! I am using my HDTV as a monitor as my monitor is VGA and black screened. Tried removing the file in preferences.. no help.

But I have transparency and rotation is said to be supported. No clue on the QE/CI

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-06-30 at 23.21.55.png
    Screen Shot 2012-06-30 at 23.21.55.png
    72.4 KB · Views: 359
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back