Contribute
Register

[Success] twsps' Build: ASUS Z270i Strix - i7-7700K - HD 630 - 4K - M.2 - ALC1220

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you using 10.12.5?
Are you using m.2 ssd as a boot drive?
Finish each components one by one, so we are able to see what is the problem.
I'll try to change text to red, it keep changed to "code" quote, which are not allowed for coloring.

Best of luck,
twsps

Thanks for the quick response twsps! Yes i am atemping to install 10.12.5 sierra. I followed your guide to the T... wasnt able to boot after using multibeast to fine tune and edit config.plist ... is there a different way to do it with when using 10.12.5?

I was able to reboot by copying boot and clover folders from USB pasting in SSD drive. It boots, but did i do it wrong?

got eithernet to work... any fix for on board wifi card?

Wasnt able to get transparent Dock. Is it different with 10.12.5?

Not sure how to get ALC1220 to work per your instructions. Do i use kext drop to install VoodooHDA 2.8.9 kext?

twsps, Thanks to your help and knowledge... anyway to contact you? Thx

Are you using 10.12.5?
Are you using m.2 ssd as a boot drive?
Finish each components one by one, so we are able to see what is the problem.
I'll try to change text to red, it keep changed to "code" quote, which are not allowed for coloring.

Best of luck,
twsps
Hi, I'm also confused greatly about not seeing any color. It's hard to read through all the code and look for "COLOR..." If you could, post a photo of it in red to show me what I need to change. I've got a SATA connection. I'm not using a M.2 SSD... So what do I need to leave out or add to get it to work? After I follow the steps to install and mount the EFI and install the boot loader and change the plist for the hard drive to boot without the USB drive, it starts up but takes for ever to load on the progress bar, and once it gets half way it just goes black. I never see anything pop up again. Please Help I'm not sure what to do here. I can still boot up if I use the USB but not with out it it just crashes and goes black. Thanks in advance. -Matt

Sorry for late reply. I'll try to do a big update on the main post. Since the post is designed for version before 10.12.5 (not including), so some parts will not work properly.

I'll do an update on main post and reply here too.

Best of luck,
twsps

Thanks for the quick response twsps! Yes i am atemping to install 10.12.5 sierra. I followed your guide to the T... wasnt able to boot after using multibeast to fine tune and edit config.plist ... is there a different way to do it with when using 10.12.5?

I was able to reboot by copying boot and clover folders from USB pasting in SSD drive. It boots, but did i do it wrong?

got eithernet to work... any fix for on board wifi card?

Wasnt able to get transparent Dock. Is it different with 10.12.5?

Not sure how to get ALC1220 to work per your instructions. Do i use kext drop to install VoodooHDA 2.8.9 kext?

twsps, Thanks to your help and knowledge... anyway to contact you? Thx
If you have DP screen then you're able to boot into Desktop and install the two kexts I updated in main post. If not, try to boot with safe boot and use USB to boot up.

No fix for on board wifi card..

If you didn't get transparent Dock, that means you don't have full acceleration for your screen. Try to install two kexts from first(main) post.

For 10.12.5, install ALC1220 for Rog from Multibeast 9.1. Use VoodooHDA 2.8.9 for 10.12.4 and before.

Best of luck,
twsps

Hi, I'm also confused greatly about not seeing any color. It's hard to read through all the code and look for "COLOR..." If you could, post a photo of it in red to show me what I need to change. I've got a SATA connection. I'm not using a M.2 SSD... So what do I need to leave out or add to get it to work? After I follow the steps to install and mount the EFI and install the boot loader and change the plist for the hard drive to boot without the USB drive, it starts up but takes for ever to load on the progress bar, and once it gets half way it just goes black. I never see anything pop up again. Please Help I'm not sure what to do here. I can still boot up if I use the USB but not with out it it just crashes and goes black. Thanks in advance. -Matt
I'm also upset that administrator keeps changing color code into code quote.. Anyway, I updated the color code again, I hope you can catch it before they update it again. For SATA connection, you would need to disable Intel Intel Rapid Storage Technology in order to detect SATA drives. No need to add m.2 section plist file.
For the boot goes black, that is because it's 10.12.5, install two kexts from main post. I've updated already, but it's not that complete, sorry for that. Ps. The DP works in all Sierra version.

Best of luck,
twsps

None of us are changing your OP. Information within Code tags does not get executed. Thus, no color is shown with the Code tags.

For 10.12.5, install ALC1220 for Rog from Multibeast 9.1. Use VoodooHDA 2.8.9 for 10.12.4 and before.
jus used multibeast 9.1 choose ALC1220A (ASUS ROG STRIX ONLY) and built but no audio still. front or back... =(
any other suggestions?

thanks for your help and valuable time!!!

IMG_4696.JPG
I'm also upset that administrator keeps changing color code into code quote.. Anyway, I updated the color code again, I hope you can catch it before they update it again. For SATA connection, you would need to disable Intel Intel Rapid Storage Technology in order to detect SATA drives. No need to add m.2 section plist file.
For the boot goes black, that is because it's 10.12.5, install two kexts from main post. I've updated already, but it's not that complete, sorry for that. Ps. The DP works in all Sierra version.

Best of luck,
twsps
Thank you so much for the quick reply and updates to your post! Much appreciated! I followed your advice and added the new kexts and still no luck, I get a weird boot up logo screen now. What did I do wrong?

jus used multibeast 9.1 choose ALC1220A (ASUS ROG STRIX ONLY) and built but no audio still. front or back... =(
any other suggestions?

thanks for your help and valuable time!!!
Hmm. Are you installing 10.12.5? Only 10.12.5 use from multibeast installation for ALC1220 (ROG). Since I had a defective board that the audio port isn't working properly. I hope you can boot in Win10 and check if it works, using the software provided by ASUS DVD.

Hope You'll get some good news,
twsps

None of us are changing your OP. Information within Code tags does not get executed. Thus, no color is shown with the Code tags.
Sorry for my misunderstanding, I'm just quite confused, why is the text keep being changed to code tag. But at least I fix it and hope it will work fine:headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back