Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Tobitobst's Haswell - Z87X-D3H - i5 4670K - EVGA GTX760

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Tobitobst,

I have exact same build as yours. My Mavericks works superbly well. I was trying to upgrade to Yosemite but i'm finding it hard to upgrade. Everything installs fine but i am having major issues with my Graphics card. Have you upgraded to Yosemite?? If you have, are you having same trouble?? I have created a thread for my problem but I haven't got any possible help.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...hackintosh-installation-error.html#post906166

I have detailed all of my issues in my post.

Looking forward to hear from you..

Cheers,
VX

Hi el.charlot,

the 3.8ghz are the detected turbo boost and are not due to overclocking.

Hi el.charlot,

the 3.8ghz are the detected turbo boost and are not due to overclocking.

Thanks ! So the about my mac show the turbo and not the base speed. That seems strange, I thought that in regular Macs that was the base speed that was displayed. So it's normal that my 4690 show 3,69 instead of 3,5Ghz (even if I think I have to find why it's not 3,7 but 3,69 ...).

Thanks a lot, that reassuring, I was looking for this answer for a while ! :)

Hi all! I have a similar setup with the same mobo. The key difference is F8 Bios and Older NVidia graphics.

The main problem I have is since updating to 10.9.4 I have no audio (3.5mm jack on green port on back panel) with whatever codex/appleHDA.kext I have tried. I tried re-running the latest MultiBeast by installing the ALC 892 but with no success..

1. Do you think if I try an older MultiBeast it might make a difference?
2. Do you think the BIOS version can make a difference?
3. Has anyone updated to 10.9.4 and used Multibeast 6.4.x and has normal audio? (for now I do not care about HDMI)
4. Can anyone spare me his AppleHDA.kext for me to inject and try out?

More info here, in case anyone has any clues:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/112...realtek-alc-applehda-guide-79.html#post866701

Else I assume I will have to go for a usb audio solution, any options/recommendations for that?

By the way my system has been running very stable for some months now, I have no problems what so ever except for audio.

I have solved audio problem for Yosemite, and same should work for Mavericks.
Install HDA892 + HDA enabler from Multibeast 6.1.0 (specifically from this and only this Multibeast)

To get Yosemite installed in the first place and not run into CPU kernel errors, use -np-zp boot flag. For magic reasons that works too.

Good luck!

Used the same settings and mobo as you, however I enabled IGFX and plugged in a TV to the HDMI port as my graphics card internal is old and I use DVI for monitor, It worked first time with both DVI and HDMI via a TV. 10.10.2, auto copied all my programs across with Install too. Unbelievably easy. Thanks for giving me the confidence to move from Mavericks to Yosemite. BTW does the upgrade to new software work, via the App Store ie Yosemite system updates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back