i7-3770k
Graphics
GTX680
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android
I used the Gigabyte Brix Pro 2 i5 4570r as the ideal girlfriend build, worked nicely and she likes the look of the machine :clap::mrgreen: :headbang:

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Dear Jarotte,

I am also thinking about using the same video card that you have, the 6870. If I set up my system using integrated intel 4600 graphics, how would I then later install the video card? Would I have to boot into the system and put in the Graphics enabler message then run Multibeast again? Do you know if you can get two displays working off the 6870?

THanks,

Misscomp

Motherboard
Z68X-UD3H-B3
CPU
i5 2500K
Graphics
ATI Radeon 6870
Mac
MacBook Air
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I just put the card inside the slot, turned it on and everything's a-ok. No need for GraphicsEnabler. The card was recognized as HD 6870 in 10.8, now it's just HD 6xxx but still works fine.

Dunno about the dual monitor thing, as I'm still doing that single display thing.

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
I'm using a 6850 in my Sandy Bridge system. To get dual monitors, I had to use the DVI-D and DisplayPort (to DVI-D smart adapter) connections. According to my 6850 users manual, the two DVI connections can not be used together - dumb! - at least on the 6850.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Thanks again. I assumed you turned off the Integrated graphics in the BIOS right after you put in the graphics card?

Misscomp

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Thanks for the prompt reply. Would all of the 6870 cards work? There are many makes including Sapphire, XFX, Visiontek, etc.

Misscomp

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Dear CMMdavy,

I was wondering if you had to put in the -v graphicsenabler command on the last try which worked? I noticed that you are using integrated graphics. I assumed that for the B85 chipset you would not have to use this command on installation of Mavericks.

Thanks,

Misscomp

Motherboard
Z68X-UD3H-B3
CPU
i5 2500K
Graphics
ATI Radeon 6870
Mac
MacBook Air
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I'm running a Gigabyte card.

as for the IGFX in the BIOS, I turned it off after putting in the card. But when I was installing 10.8 I had to do it using Intel's integrated graphics, and I remember I didn't mess with GE back then, everything rolled along without a hitch.

I also installed Mavericks on this particular (Haswell) build on IGFX without any need to mess with GE, but that might be due to previous changes in default GE setting in Unibeast/Multibeast.

Motherboard
UD5H
CPU
3770k OC to 4.8ghz EVO 212
Graphics
GTX 760 SLI
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I wonder if 8400gs is any faster than the hd4600. It seems like at most it would only be slightly faster and use a ton more power than the igpu.