Contribute
Register

[Success] SynGatesFan200s Intel NUC DC3217BY Thunderbolt Edition/Non-Thunderbolt edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Additionally installed Chameleon SSD Optimizer to enable TRIM Support

Hi, until recently I didn't pay much attention to TRIM support. I discovered it is really important feature which increases SSD speed and lifetime. Now, if I check if it actually works, the System Report says:

Capacity: 64.02 GB (64,023,257,088 bytes)
Model: M4-CT064M4SSD3
Revision: 04MH
Serial Number: 000000001220036394F9
Native Command Queuing: Yes
Queue Depth: 32
Removable Media: No
Detachable Drive: No
BSD Name: disk0
Medium Type: Solid State
TRIM Support: No
Partition Map Type: GPT (GUID Partition Table)
S.M.A.R.T. status: Verified

I've used MultiBeast 5.2.1 IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext patch with no success. Can anybody confirm it's working?

UPDATE:
I was able to enable the TRIM support using app: http://www.groths.org/trim-enabler/

Thanks! Now trimming seems working!

Cheers

Enrico

I see. so simple. ok, I've tried "-v" option. From which I can see it freezes at the line:

[IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed

and that's all. no further progress. I can see cursor at the bottom of the screen which allows me write a text. From which I see no effort.
The same I can see with or w/o WiFi/BT miniPCI installed in the internal slot. no difference.

Anybody had the same issue?

thank you for any help here!

Great! that works smoothly then. the issue now is that (probably due -x parameter) there are no drivers for WiFi card loaded so I have no access to the Internet to use MultiBeast. I use Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235 WiFi/Bluetooth card in NUC.

When I was not able to connect to Internet directly from NUC I downloaded Multibeast on another computer and put on USB. and now I have second problem - I'm now unable to use ANY of mass storage devices which are FAT32 or NTFS. If I plug in a mass storage device it gets detected in System profiles, but it wouldn't mount. If i go to Disk utility and try to mount it from there it just says that it couldn't be mounted and suggest to run First Aid, which obviously fails since devices are FAT32 or NTFS. Only Mac OS Extended works well, but can't be used on Win7 machine I have available.
I will use my other Mac once I will be home, but just wondering how to work with FAT32/NTFS USBs in the future ...

Lots of great info in this thread! But I've come across a problem that I can't find an answer to.

Has anyone has success with using a USB connected CD-ROM/Bluray or any USB optical drive? If I connect the drive to the NUC after boot up, it works fine. If the drive is connected before boot up, the system hangs.

Components are:
Intel Next Unit of Computing Kit with Dual HDMI, Gigabit LAN, Core i3-3217U DC3217IYE
Corsair 4GB DDR3 1600 MHz Laptop Memory CMSO4GX3M1A1600C11
Crucial m4 32GB mSATA Internal Solid State Drive CT032M4SSD3
Apple internal Super Drive removed from MBP
or OWC Slim Portable 6X Blu-ray Drive installed in USB enclosure.
(According to OWC, the Slim Portable Drive has a Sunplus chipset.)

No Bluetooth or Wireless adaptors.

Software:
Mountain Lion 10.8.3 purchased from App Store
UniBeast - Mountain Lion 1.7.0

Any thoughts or assistance is appreciated.
Thanks!

Hi, I have the most generic Blu-Ray reader / DVD writer for £20. It has two cables - one for power and one for data. When connected on the fly it disables the mouse and complains about empty disk inserted. After restart the device works. It is extremely slow though.
Code:
[B]External:[/B]

Product ID:    0x0840
  Vendor ID:    0x13fd  (Initio Corporation)
  Version:     1.14
  Serial Number:    393833303335343339303033
  Speed:    Up to 480 Mb/sec
  Manufacturer:    Generic
  Location ID:    0x1d170000 / 4
  Current Available (mA):    500
  Current Required (mA):    2
  Capacity:    24.48 GB (24,484,839,424 bytes)
  Removable Media:    Yes
  Detachable Drive:    Yes
  BSD Name:    disk1
  Media Name:    Gold Mult I
  Partition Map Type:    Unknown
  S.M.A.R.T. status:    Not Supported

I will use my other Mac once I will be home, but just wondering how to work with FAT32/NTFS USBs in the future ...

Hi, you need to use -x mode {Safe Mode) to resolve any issues which stop you from booting normally and then use regular OSX with all the drivers loaded.

Hi, you need to use -x mode {Safe Mode) to resolve any issues which stop you from booting normally and then use regular OSX with all the drivers loaded.

Being new to this, I often forget about -x SafeMode. Thanks for the reminder!

I'm not sure why this helped, but I went into the NUC's BIOS and disabled Boot From Optical and all seems well now. I've been able to successfully restart many times with 2 different external optical drives. The speed seems to fine. I've ripped a few audio CDs to iTunes and I've played a few DVD moves with no problems.

Hello,
my MacOS installation was successful but I get the sleep mode is not up and running.

I proceeded as follows:

Installing via Unibeast
after booting i install the Combo Update 10.8.2
reboot
Installation Mutibeast with Free DSDT installation and all other options at the beginning of the thread
Chameleon Wizard (previously the DSDT.aml file from the Intel Nuc.Zip folder in the \ Extras copied)
AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext installed via Kext Beast
reboot

After starting the system although I have audio via HDMI but the Sleep mode does not work.
As soon as I activate it and try to stop the sleep mode, just re-boot the Nuc.

What I have done wrong?
Before the DSDT.aml was recorded worked the sleep mode with no problems.
It must somehow be related to the DSDT.aml file.

I tried it with the Bios version 040 and 036, but without success.

Could you help me.

Sorry for my bad english

greetings

Michael

Thank you so much for this. I got my NUC on 10.8 and its an awesome server. Can I just update with no problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back