Contribute
Register

[Success] SynGatesFan200s Intel NUC DC3217BY Thunderbolt Edition/Non-Thunderbolt edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. So I'll just admit it. I'm a dumb-ass. I followed the guide to the letter. Just one major mistake; Unibeast 1.5.3 doesn't work, you need the latest and I didn't the check if I was using the latest version, apparently I had an old version in my download folder. So I redownloaded and everything was a breeze. Sleep works perfectly with default settings. I'm using Dell DW1501 which is natively recognized. I also have a el cheapo chinese bluetooth USB dongle and that works as well.

I'm happy!

Hi, I'm happy with your success. I understand you've got full resolution. But how about videos? Do they play? What the OpenGL Extensions viewer app tells?

* Please could you confirm it plays more than 1 FPS at OpenGL v2.1?
* Does it show more than 0 Mb Video memory?

Am I the only one with the problem?

Screen Shot 2013-03-18 at 13.25.29.png

https://itunes.apple.com/app/opengl-extensions-viewer/id444052073?mt=12

cannot install directly with 10.8.3 just hangs on first boot up

First of all THANK YOU FOR THIS GREAT GUIDE!! It means a lot that someone took the time to give this many pointers for this NUC project.

I have 10.8.3 installed with full HDMI AUDIO and 1080p running from my LG LED projector!
Bluetooth via Rocketfish bluetooth adapter running smooth!
This Intel NUC is quite impressive for it's size and it's practically QUIET!

I wanted to add to the whole display fuzziness confusion. I had the EXACT same issue when switching displays.
I had the hardest time getting full 1080. I installed the modfiied kexts and also ran the EFI injection string with the graphics mode set to 1920x1080x32. Had to reboot a few times but here's what I discovered:

I discovered in Display Settings that when you slide the "UNDERSCAN" scale down (to the right) it fixes the fuzziness!!! I first tried it in 720p then switched to 1080 and presto! It ****ing worked! Well it did for me at least! :headbang:

Also if your screen fuzzies again just scroll with the arrow key to get the next display setting that is compatible with your screen. I had to hit enter on a few to revert back or confirm the settings.
Patience is a virtue! INTEL NUC for small media center = perfect!

Hi, I'm happy with your success. I understand you've got full resolution. But how about videos? Do they play? What the OpenGL Extensions viewer app tells?

* Please could you confirm it plays more than 1 FPS at OpenGL v2.1?
* Does it show more than 0 Mb Video memory?

Am I the only one with the problem?

View attachment 49901

https://itunes.apple.com/app/opengl-extensions-viewer/id444052073?mt=12

Sorry, haven't tested yet, only tried geekbench which came up to 4700-something. I'm currently on the road for work so perhaps I can test this weekend because I'm curious as well.

Got video working!

I did 2 things at once so I don't know which really contributed to this. I will reinstall everything from scratch to find out what really was the problem.

* I inserted my 4Gb RAM module into a socket closer to motherboard. I had it inserted originally in farther location because I thought it would give more space for air flow. The switch didn't bring any results but on next morning I got my NUC with 3 power blinks not starting which I read is memory failure. I reinserted back the memory module in the farther slot and started OSX.

* I didn't notice any change but I the page on Macintosh India opened and I read a line:

If you are not using Nvidia graphics, delete Geforce.kext and see if it helps in performance.

I thought let's give it a try. After restart I suddenly noticed that the dock, I had set to magnification to see how acceleration works, does not show tiny zigzags when I hover over it. The zigzags had always been hardly noticeable so I run the OpenGL test. Here are the results.

* About this Mac still shows 384Mb of memory.
* The OpenGL Extensions Viewer app shows 644Mb of Video Memory instead of 0Mb.
Screen Shot 2013-03-19 at 10.10.41.png
* OpenGL tests score well over 500FPS on all OpenGL versions instead of 1FPS.
Screen Shot 2013-03-19 at 10.10.18.jpg

Just recived my 2nd dw1702 still have the same problem 3 finger gestures kills it. now im wondering if the dw1702 i not as supported as i read or do anyone actually have working gestures with the 1702?

also could it be the need for pid and vid edit of these cards ?

kind regards kasper

Just recived my 2nd dw1702 still have the same problem 3 finger gestures kills it. now im wondering if the dw1702 i not as supported as i read or do anyone actually have working gestures with the 1702?

also could it be the need for pid and vid edit of these cards ?

kind regards kasper

I've a similar problem with magic trackpad connected to the same card. Randomly the mouse pointer freezes and I need to wait or restart the magic trackpad to have it works again. No problem at all using a standard bluetooth mouse from Logitech or even if the PS3 wireless keyboard: I suspect it is something related to gesture.

Sure thing! Give me a sec :) BTW as an update for all of you, 10.8.3 has been released and works just fine on my unit. ALSO there is a BIOS update for 0039. I upgraded and things still work just fine.

Yesterday I performed the 10.8.3 from App Store. After installing a message "Installation failed, please reboot" appears. I click on "reboot" button and wait for a while. When the system restart I re-install trim with multibeast (as suggested). Everything seems working, the OS version is now 10.8.3 and the memory used by HD4000 increased to 0.75 GB. Both the two HDMI now work at full resolution and switch from a resolution to another one (ie 720p to 1080p) works without any fuzzines. The only minor glitch is that HDMI sound works only on first HDMI.

Regards

Enrico

Yesterday I performed the 10.8.3 from App Store. After installing a message "Installation failed, please reboot" appears. I click on "reboot" button and wait for a while. When the system restart I re-install trim with multibeast (as suggested). Everything seems working, the OS version is now 10.8.3 and the memory used by HD4000 increased to 0.75 GB. Both the two HDMI now work at full resolution and switch from a resolution to another one (ie 720p to 1080p) works without any fuzzines. The only minor glitch is that HDMI sound works only on first HDMI.

Regards

Enrico

thanks for the report.

as to HDMI audio only working on one HDMI port:

i have worked on several hacks since i got my NUC up and running and all these projects run together in my mind after a while.

IIRC, we needed to install a modded framebuffer.kext in order to get audio on both HDMI ports.

i used the kext in post 11 on this page:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/81396-solved-intel-nuc-hdmi-audio-2.html

ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back