Contribute
Register

[Success] SynGatesFan200s Intel NUC DC3217BY Thunderbolt Edition/Non-Thunderbolt edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have small problem with my NUC -OSXBuild /Thunderbolt withoutWifi.

I can successfully boot and do every thing following guide and few tweaks. But after applying iCloud fix ( Had to update network.plist file & /Extra/org.....plist file ) i can access App Store/icloud. But resolution of Apple thunderbolt monitor goes down.
If i remove entries for iCloud fix ( device id in /Extra/org...plist file) screen resolution works.

Here are my files for your reference, please help.
iCloud works , But screen/Thunderbolt monitor resolution sucks ( uses base VGA or 1080P)<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Default Partition</key>
<string>hd(0,2)</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>10</string>
<key>SMBIOS</key>
<string>/Extra/SMBios.plist</string>
<key>SystemType</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>device-properties</key>
<string>630000000100000001000000570000000100000002010c00d041030a0000000001010600041c0101060000000101060000030101060000000101060000010101060000007fff0400160000006200750069006c0074002d0069006e0000000500000001</string>
</dict>
</plist>

SCREEN RESOLUTION WORKS, BUT ICLOUD FIX doesn't work?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Default Partition</key>
<string>hd(0,2)</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>SMBIOS</key>
<string>/Extra/SMBios.plist</string>
<key>SystemType</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>10</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

OSX on external SSD (thunderbolt)

Hi,

Any idea if i can use a dc3217by with a external SSD (LaCie Rugged Thunderbolt)?
I already know the intel didn't implement external booting from thunderbolt. My idea was booting from with a USB Pen (with linux?) and then select the external drive for booting osx.

any thoughts?

Hi,

Any idea if i can use a dc3217by with a external SSD (LaCie Rugged Thunderbolt)?
I already know the intel didn't implement external booting from thunderbolt. My idea was booting from with a USB Pen (with linux?) and then select the external drive for booting osx.

any thoughts?

Hi I haven't used used Thunderbolt SSD, but i did use USB Port connected via apple thunderbolt display ,and it works like charm even for install.

Hi,

I have small problem with my NUC -OSXBuild /Thunderbolt withoutWifi.

I can successfully boot and do every thing following guide and few tweaks. But after applying iCloud fix ( Had to update network.plist file & /Extra/org.....plist file ) i can access App Store/icloud. But resolution of Apple thunderbolt monitor goes down.
If i remove entries for iCloud fix ( device id in /Extra/org...plist file) screen resolution works.

Here are my files for your reference, please help.
iCloud works , But screen/Thunderbolt monitor resolution sucks ( uses base VGA or 1080P)...

Not sure what happened, after 10.9.1 Update install, every thing works normally, iCloud, App Store, bluetooth, wireless, sleep/awake, screen resolution(Using apple thunderbolt display). Feeling good about this $150 Mac Mini and old components.

One thing i noticed yesterday was while using gotomeeting, video/audio lag was there.. did u guys notice any such behavior?

Ok, I installed 10.9 using my macmini (that will go on ebay soon) on samsung SSD. Then I used multibeast 6 and setting from this thread, it was so simple to have OSX on this tiny 150USD computer :) and later on updated to 10.9.1 on NUC

Wifi works like a charm thanks to using old mpcie card from macbook :)

I am using 27" DELL U2913WM that works very nice connected to thunderbolt port and gives a resolution of 2560 x 1080.

BUT THERE IS ONE PROBLEM - I wanted to connect my macmini that was in disk target mode using a thunderbolt port, and nothing happens. In system profile there is no thunderbolt hardware listed.

Anyone has an idea about how to fix it? Any kexts?

Hey guys
quick questions

when going through system updates on this badboy, does it need anything reapplied?
for instance if you were to give this to a non techy, they would have no issues with system (OSX) updates?

Thanks

Hello I try to run imessage and facetime on NUC DC3217BY Thunderbolt, and I can 't ales to work, I put the patch and it works iCloud

I try different bootloader and FileNVRAM, nothing to do facetime does not want to imessage activated and asks me to call apple with a customer number
this is someone succeeds in making the work?
I am running 10.9.1 with a Thunderbolt ethernet adapter

I had this problem. The fix, believe it or not, was to change my Apple password. There seems to be a problem with Apple's database which gets cleaned up once you change your password.

I had this problem. The fix, believe it or not, was to change my Apple password. There seems to be a problem with Apple's database which gets cleaned up once you change your password.
I have try this also change the password I have been connecting 2 seconds with imessage then I have been out and impossible to then reactivate

I have try this also change the password I have been connecting 2 seconds with imessage then I have been out and impossible to then reactivate

ok the solution to run imessage and facetime is recording a credit card with his apple account

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back