Contribute
Register

[Success] SynGatesFan200s Intel NUC DC3217BY Thunderbolt Edition/Non-Thunderbolt edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
but... i lost the hdmi sound...

from the OP i used the zip file with the framebuffer.kext and fixed permissions reboot... and i have sound

but after 3-4 minutes i have a crackle sound and gets worst all the time... in youtube in mp3 movies all...

what i hve to do update check.....

I am having odd hdmi behaviour too - in my case after the 10.8.5 update no hdmi device shows up in sound preferences when the cable is plugged in to the first hdmi port, but it works fine on hdmi port 2. I have no idea why

Yes, you can run the Combo again.

thanks... i just did a clone copy to an external as it is...

an other Q can i update the chameleon from chameleon wizard (ver 2266) or from MultiBeast 5.5.3 (ver 2248)

thanks....

do you believe that the cracked sound is cause i had a failed on update the first time....????

do i have to apply again the DSDT.aml or something else for the hdmi sound fix except the
AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext

I am having odd hdmi behaviour too - in my case after the 10.8.5 update no hdmi device shows up in sound preferences when the cable is plugged in to the first hdmi port, but it works fine on hdmi port 2. I have no idea why

hi thanks for participate in OUR problems ... :) well defined please the fisrt and second hdmi port (first is coser to ethernet???)

thanks....

As i promised to you all, i made the tutorial for how to fixing the problematic kexts and kernel panics on your hackintosh

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1.From Ubuntu Live CD 10.10 (yeap its true... )
use synaptic manager to install the hfsplus just search for "hfsplus" and mark everything and istall them
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/hfsplus

sudo mount -t hfsplus -o force,rw /dev/sdx# /media/temphfs
(temphfs just a random name by me use what ever you want)
and then to be sure use again to remount :)
sudo mount -t hfsplus -o remount,force,rw /mount/temphfs

check disk - repair disk - fix permission
sudo fsck.hfsplus /dev/sdx##
(## use your partition and HDD number like sda1 "a" is first disk "1" is first partition on HDD "a")

edit the kexts with the below command (don't close the terminal just use nautilus aka file explorer)
sudo nautilus

use again and reboot jobe done
check disk - repair disk - fix permission
sudo fsck.hfsplus /dev/sdx##
(## use your partition and HDD number like sda1 "a" is first disk "1" is first partition on HDD "a")

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.MAC OS X - From the problematic machine with f8
Single user aka Safe Mode (Command Line)

mount -uw /
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/****.kext
{ Replace **** with KEXT extension }

3.From your girlfriends mac use a usb converter to msata, sata etc...
msata + sata to usb from ebay for less 10 euro
http://tinyurl.com/oqru9lr

1. Mount it and make the job you want... etc delete a kext
2. Fix partition's with disk utility
3. Put your HDD back to your broken hackintosh
4. Job done :)

Fix for the kernel panic 10.8.5
AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext 10.8.5
http://tinyurl.com/padsoxw

i have a Q can we safe update to " os x 10.8.5 supplemental " do we need to wait take care of something????

this time i will use a external hdd with Carbon Clone Copy first... hahahah :p

anyone have a fix to the random audio distortion in 10.8.5, im using hdmi audio

I had random audio distortion issues in my DC3217IYE, which were fixed by switching to the other HDMI port. To the one next to the Ethernet port.

hey everyone i need help !!!, i was able to install 10.8.4 using the unibeast usb installer i followed, i didnt use syngates dsdt, but i followed this users guide which he credits syngates for help http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-builds/104357-berndvp-intel-nuc-dc3217iye.html

i was able to install this no problem, using his dsdt file for bios version 42, i tried upgrading to mavericks with a black screen, now trying to go back to my 10.8.4 install, the install goes fine, using the same multibeast settings i used last time, after reboot of multibeast settings and dsdt file, i get the dreaded black screen, dont understand this logic at all, now ive done over 10 reinstalls of 10.8.4

what i have figured out is i dont use the dsdt file, i can boot into the system, even though it takes over a minute to get in, and the intel graphics are chopyy, the second the dsdt file is added, black screen, regardless of pcirootuid=0, pcirootuid=1 etc

the other weird thing im noticing is in the bios i have set the graphics to 128mb, but im wondering if any other setting i could have changed would affect the os from blacking itself out after the apple logo. If i go in the bios and do load defaults the 128mb stays the same, i remember out of the box being max on that setting.

any help or advice would be awesome, as i miss my hackintosh !!!!

Hi, Drumitar, don't upgrade, do a clean install. I got video and sound working on Mavericks, Intel NUC DC3217BY after following these steps:

- download Mavericks from Apple store for free;
- create USB boot disk using UNIBeast;
- after restart and successful logon, run MultiBeast with following options:
-- easy no DSDT and Chimera 2.2;
-- then run MultiBeast again and install AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext;
- copy DSDT.aml from this thread to extra and capri kext to system/library/extensions to get sound.

The video seems to be working out of the box, even with original definition of MacBookPro mid 2008.
Now I have a Geekbench score of 4647 http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/2345816
Screen Shot 2013-10-31 at 21.26.49.png
but VLC doesn't play video complaining about missing GL... :banghead:

Screen Shot 2013-10-31 at 21.23.37.png

All the flash videos in browser bounce and play properly. I tried Magnification effect on Dock - plays flawlessly.

VirtualBox with XP guest system runs HD video at 1920x1440 at 60% CPU.

UPDATE

I restored the system to just installed stated and discovered that before adding DSDT the video works full QE/CI. And it shows 1024Mb of video memory.

Update 2

[Solved] It was not DSDT messing things. It was old Capri I used from OS 10.8.4. When I patched Apple IntelFramebufferCapri.kext from 10.9 with these Terminal lines:
2a.
sudo cp -r /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext Desktop

2b.
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x02\x05\x00\x00\x00\x04\x00\x00\x07\x01\x00\x00|\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x02\x05\x00\x00\x00\x08\x00\x00\x06\x00\x00\x00|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext/Contents//MacOS/AppleIntelFramebufferCapri

2c.
sudo chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

I got working video and sound. The Furmark Benchmarks are ridiculously (4FPS) low but I can at least watch a FullHD H264 video.

Update 3

The Atheros 3005 BlueTooth works out of the box. I had trouble using it because WiFi drivers came bundled with BT drivers and I could not tell apart which is which and overwritten some original BT kexts thus rendering it not working.
Bluetooth USB Host Controller:

Product ID: 0x3005
Vendor ID: 0x0cf3 (Atheros Communications, Inc.)
Version: 0.01
Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec
Location ID: 0x1d140000 / 3
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): 100

The Thunderbolt port works as an output for second monitor via Thunderbolt HDMI adapter/cable for $4 (eBay #261326023632). My second monitor actually is video-projector hooked up via 15m HDMI cable. No problems with that at all.

i got my nuc working except for bluetooth and wlan,
im using the Dell DW1702 and installed a fresh 10.9 copy

i installed the needed bluetooth firmware and wifi kext still not working :(

wifi is not showing up at all anywhere, and bluetooth does seem to work, but i can not pair anything to it since the mac does not find anything...

Edit: well i found out that installing the altered iobluetoothfamily kext renders the bluetooth module unusable, so i deleted that and now it works.

still has the issue with wlan not working, anyone can share a working kext with me maybe? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back