Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Suney's Mini Cube ASRock Z370M-ITX/ac - i5-8400 - UHD 630 Graphics - High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys
Sorry for being awol. Was having a lot of lockup problems where the whole system would just freeze and require hard reset. Happened most when watching videos or video editing. Me thinks it was a hardware acceleration problem, and I hadn't setup the onboard graphics and RX 560 properly. I actually went back to my MacBook Pro as it was very frustrating.

I think I seemed to have fixed that now. I've uploaded my config list and also my kext folder for those that are interested.

Attachments

• config.plist
    25.9 KB · Views: 231
  • Screen Shot 2018-08-27 at 7.28.20 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-27 at 7.28.20 AM.png
    85.6 KB · Views: 240
Hi! I have a question. I have this build : ASRock Z370M itx + i7-8700 + Vega 56.
When I start my computer, the system will shutdown after 5/10 seconds to reboot normally and display the BIOS / Clover and macOS. I don't know why. It will do this as well when I reboot in macOS.
Maybe its normal, and it come from the motherboard. So, if it is, I suppose you have it as well. Can you tell me what is going on with your stuff ?
Thx.

@hansik

I am unsure why yours is rebooting after 5/10 seconds? The only difference I see is the video card
I had alot of problems setting mine up and finding the right settings to get the acceleration going
Have you checked the system logs to see what causes it to reset?

Also what version of macOS are you on?
I am still on the first release of Mojave 10.14, I am too scared to update incase I come across more problems
It has been stable for me so far

@Suney Hi, I believe I find where is the problem. I have installed Windows on an other SSD and the ASRock did the same thing. Reboot after a single boot. So I haven't time to test, but I am thinking it's about the XMP profile of the RAM in the BIOS. Maybe because I use the XMP profile from memory G.Skill to get 3000MHz. Do you have that problem or you haven't ? Did you try to change your XMP profile on BIOS? Or not ?

For the graphic card I have use VegaTAB. I have change little bit under the P6 and P7, 1450MHz in my mine, to fix the coil whine problem, which was very annoying me. It's like strange sound coming from the Vega card. Electrical activitie of coil. I was thinking at first it was the CPU but it was the GPU.
I tried to overclock the mem clock of the Vega to get more power but after glitch on cs go i decided to come back on native preset and just change the P6 and P7 frequency to haven't the while coil.

For me the worst problem it is that the Vega on Windows with AMD utility know how to stay noise less with really low capacity, by using 50MHz memory clock of GC and let the idle of the fan in 50 RPM. It is awesome and let the desktop and internet navigation silent.

This needs to be search and explore. But we didn't have the same build. so.. can u tell me about your memory profile.

Last edited:
It's not the memory RAM. Profile charge or not. Same problem. Now I am thinking about PSU or motherboard. Maybe it's normal. But I asked question everywhere. Z370m itx a/c + dual reboot every start, and only one guy say he had it. If you read me and then you have a Z370m itx a/c mother board, just tell me if you have 2 boots before a normal start ! <3 love

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back