Contribute
Register

[Success] SquadSeven's Build - i7 4770k - GA-Z87X-UD3H - 16GB RAM - GTX 780 3GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
update: i used chameleon wizard to change the model device to a macbook air with haswell cpu.

freeze gone.

doing more test

Thanks this was very helpful, I had the freezing issue. I could get the recommend BIOS to install, so I install F10b. So far over 24 hours and no freezing and before i could not go more than 2 hours before the computer froze.

I have the exact same system as yours, I upgraded to the F9 BIOS. Which I thought I was screwed at the time.

I used all of your settings above for the bios, but had to use these settings in MultiBeast to get OSX Yosemite Working Stable. I thought I would share this for the F9 BIOS people, since it took a while to get it to work right. Also seemed to fix the Network Card from locking up as well.

Screen Shot 2015-03-15 at 2.04.47 PM.png

Hope this helps someone.

I don't know if anyone can help - I've a system identical to this and been getting a lot of crashes. I upgraded the Bios to F9 and since then when booting it gets stuck on a white screen with a mouse cursor and won't boot in. I rested the options in my Bios to match this thread but no joy.
I can't downgrade to the F8m bios attached here anymore as it says it is outdated in Qflash. Wondered if Anyone had any ideas?

This a great thread but i have issues that I have never face before. I started to install Yosemite, but when I get to the choose language screen press OK and it never goes to the next screen and it does not lock up. I can still move my mouse and go to the menus at the top. I have installed on this computer before with same Bios. I am wondering if any one else has had this problem and what did they do to fix it?

I have tried every USB port, reset defaults and change settings to optimal multiple times and recreate the USB stick twice even though I use the same stick to install on a different computer with no issues. I am install the OS again because the update to 10.10.3 did not install correctly. i would rather have a clean install.

Build:
GA-Z87X-UD3H
16 GIG RAM
NVIDIA 640 GT
BIOS 10B (I was using this same bios before with no issues)

Hello,

I managed to install Mavericks (10.9.5) and it worked, and now I upgraded to Yosemite 10.10.3.
Sleep and wake works, the only thing that doesn't work after wake is keyboard, I tried to search the thread, but didn't find any solutions, I also tried to install Generic USB 3.0, it didn't help. Any ideas? Even the sound works.

Mobo Bios version: F9

Thanks ahead!

The Generic USB 3.0 kext isn't needed for 8/9-series motherboards. Remove it and in the Terminal, execute the following command:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extension
Then reboot.

I'm assuming your KB uses a USB 2 connection. Plug the KB into the USB 2 connection closes to the PS/2 connector.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back