Contribute
Register

[Success] SpecialOpZ's Haswell ASUS Maximus VI Formula, I7 4770k, HD 7870 x2

Status
Not open for further replies.
SpecialOpZ, I attempted to restore your OP's pictures. The picture link format changed for when we went to the new Forum software. You should now have an easier time with the formatting. Each picture is "tagged" with
Code:
[ATTACHIMG=xyz][/ATTACHIMG]
where xyz is the picture size. Let me know if I can help/correct any formatting.

SpecialOpZ, I attempted to restore your OP's pictures. The picture link format changed for when we went to the new Forum software. You should now have an easier time with the formatting. Each picture is "tagged" with
Code:
[ATTACHIMG=xyz][/ATTACHIMG]
where xyz is the picture size. Let me know if I can help/correct any formatting.
Thanks for fixing the images.

Update: Working with 10.12 Sierra Public Beta 2
Hi, I'm having trouble with my Sierra Hack, got the same motherboard and CPU. I'm able to get it to boot up and get to the desktop, but none of the peripherals work i.e wifi, sound etc. I've tried running these kexts with the easy kext utility and also KextBeast but its as if they're not installing properly. There's no error message when I run them too. Really frustrating as my El Capitan hack was perfect apart from not been able to get the 5ghz wifi.

Hi, I'm having trouble with my Sierra Hack, got the same motherboard and CPU. I'm able to get it to boot up and get to the desktop, but none of the peripherals work i.e wifi, sound etc. I've tried running these kexts with the easy kext utility and also KextBeast but its as if they're not installing properly. There's no error message when I run them too. Really frustrating as my El Capitan hack was perfect apart from not been able to get the 5ghz wifi.
Hi,I was able to install Sierra also and able to get the audio and bluetooth working only.For the audio I used the voodoo.

Able to use Wifi(dual band) by following this https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.104850/

Last edited:
any solution for wifi and bluetooth on Sierra...? on this same motherboard..?

So I have a Maximus VI Formula, i5-4670k, Samsung EVO 850 120gb, and a GTX 770 4gb. It was just sitting here doing nothing, so I figured why not, might make a good video editing system. Installed Sierra, used multibeast to install Clover, so far so good. Thing boots or restarts in like 5 seconds, sleeps and wakes perfectly, ethernet also works OOB(with full speed). So far though, I haven't been able to get the wifi or bluetooth devices to show up/work, but that I'm less concerned about. The bigger problem is audio. I can't get audio working at all. I tried the post-install files and instruction from the OP, but they didn't do anything useful(a.k.a. nothing new worked after installing the kexts, and the last three files say they aren't compatible with Sierra.) I've searched everywhere, but can't find any information on getting audio on this board working with Sierra. I also tried ALC1150, as well as Voodoo 2.8.8, in multibeast, but that didn't help. The sound configuration tool just says I have no sound output devices. Bluetooth I can live without, no wifi is inconvenient but manageable, but having no audio kinda renders the whole project useless. Has any gotten the onboard audio working in Sierra and have any info to share?

[EDIT] Okay, my mistake. Just figured out I had to actually install Voodoo from the sourceforge page. Now my sound devices show up, and it works with my headphones. But it's basically a white noise machine / hiss generator. You can barely hear the sound you should be hearing.

[EDIT2] Soooo... found the solution myself again. lol. Had to get version 2.8.9 kext and panel, and completely uninstall voodoo, then replace with the 2.8.9 version. Now sound (appears) to work great. I've only used my headphones through the front jack so far. Haven't tested the line-out or multi-channel, or anything to do with hdmi audio(mb or gtx), but I have no reason to assume that stuff isn't working. Now if I can just get the wifi and bluetooth working, I think that's a fully-working Hackintosh system.

Last edited:
So I have a Maximus VI Formula, i5-4670k, Samsung EVO 850 120gb, and a GTX 770 4gb. It was just sitting here doing nothing, so I figured why not, might make a good video editing system. Installed Sierra, used multibeast to install Clover, so far so good. Thing boots or restarts in like 5 seconds, sleeps and wakes perfectly, ethernet also works OOB(with full speed). So far though, I haven't been able to get the wifi or bluetooth devices to show up/work, but that I'm less concerned about. The bigger problem is audio. I can't get audio working at all. I tried the post-install files and instruction from the OP, but they didn't do anything useful(a.k.a. nothing new worked after installing the kexts, and the last three files say they aren't compatible with Sierra.) I've searched everywhere, but can't find any information on getting audio on this board working with Sierra. I also tried ALC1150, as well as Voodoo 2.8.8, in multibeast, but that didn't help. The sound configuration tool just says I have no sound output devices. Bluetooth I can live without, no wifi is inconvenient but manageable, but having no audio kinda renders the whole project useless. Has any gotten the onboard audio working in Sierra and have any info to share?

[EDIT] Okay, my mistake. Just figured out I had to actually install Voodoo from the sourceforge page. Now my sound devices show up, and it works with my headphones. But it's basically a white noise machine / hiss generator. You can barely hear the sound you should be hearing.

[EDIT2] Soooo... found the solution myself again. lol. Had to get version 2.8.9 kext and panel, and completely uninstall voodoo, then replace with the 2.8.9 version. Now sound (appears) to work great. I've only used my headphones through the front jack so far. Haven't tested the line-out or multi-channel, or anything to do with hdmi audio(mb or gtx), but I have no reason to assume that stuff isn't working. Now if I can just get the wifi and bluetooth working, I think that's a fully-working Hackintosh system.
Yea, for some reason the sound stopped working in Sierra Beta 4 and no one has been able to figure how to fix it. The wifi still works with post install files I included at the beginning of my initial post. So if you can get your hands on Sierra Beta 3, everything works fine.

I'm unable to get wifi working so with a fresh hackintosh build. I've tried using the post install files and the first one succeeds (90 .command), but the second two (100 .command, 110 .command) say 'OS X Version 10.12.4 is not supported'. I guess those scripts need to be updated slightly?

Have same motherboard and cpu. (GPU - GTX 1060 with web drivers) Installed Sierra and find that in Activity monitor every process have much of faults. Help me plz. (I tested my ram, with 2 programs. All right with it) Someone have the same issues?

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2017-04-23 в 06.38.46.png
    Снимок экрана 2017-04-23 в 06.38.46.png
    377.8 KB · Views: 207
Have same motherboard and cpu. (GPU - GTX 1060 with web drivers) Installed Sierra and find that in Activity monitor every process have much of faults. Help me plz. (I tested my ram, with 2 programs. All right with it) Someone have the same issues?

I hadn't realised, but I also have many faults on processes - however so far (~3 weeks in) this has not caused me any problems at all. The hackintosh is lightning fast :D

My hardware: 4770k, 2x gtx 780, 2x 8gb 1600MHz DDR3.

Bluetooth (incl bt audio) works I'm still unable to get Wifi to work :( does anybody know if there is a way to get the bios setting for HDD RAID (instead of AHCI) to work with this?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 00.00.00.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 00.00.00.png
    637.1 KB · Views: 183
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back