Contribute
Register

[Success] Skylake Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, i5-6600, GTX 1070 (Clover/High Sierra)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hackintosh newb here. Great thread, got me up and running almost 100%. I do have a few questions about the sound fix. Do I need to install the ALC1150 kext with multibeast? How do you tell if the config.plist sound change actually worked in the I/Oreg? And does the SSDT need to be placed in the patched folder before I run toledas command in the terminal?

edit/addition:
I used the config.plist in this post and did not change the smbios section at all because of my virtually identical hardware. I have just seemed to come across the mention of using a serial number generator or making one up. Is this going to affect anyone or myself? As I simply copied and pasted the list into my EFI? ...also iMessage worked immediately for me and that seems to be an issue among others.

This helped me with my memory showing half and sound. thanks a lot.

Hackintosh newb here. Great thread, got me up and running almost 100%. I do have a few questions about the sound fix. Do I need to install the ALC1150 kext with multibeast? How do you tell if the config.plist sound change actually worked in the I/Oreg? And does the SSDT need to be placed in the patched folder before I run toledas command in the terminal?
@M1tch - Hi, I've just re-run Toleda's cloverALC-110 script and as part of the process it downloads, then places, a copy of the realtekALC.kext into your Clover -> kexts ->10.11 Folder. So there should be no need to install the 1150 kext with multibeast, if you use Toleda's script. The SSDT-HDEF-HDAS-1.aml, SSDT can be placed in the patched folder before or after running Toleda's command. I placed it in the patched folder after I ran the script. However, I found it's required for ALC1150 sound to work in OS X.

As far as telling if the config.plist sound change worked, I just looked for the new devices in "System Preferences" -> Sound. I'm not sure how you would use I/Oreg to see if your ALC1150 sound chip is working?

Regarding, the serial number generator, as I used the default SMBIOS given out on ammulder's Skylake Starter Thread in the config.plist in post #1, I'm surprised that you got iMessage working with it. However, if it's working for you I wouldn't change anything. If you find out later, that your iMessage is no longer working, then go ahead and try the serial number generator.

@pbryanw - thanks for the reply, I'll give that a try as soon as have chance. Wasn't really too worried about the sound, as I have a FireWire audio interface, and I had sound output through that perfectly as soon as I installed the driver for it. For the option, I would like the onboard to work.

Hey!

Great Build! I myself have a Maximus VIII Hero, SKylake 6700K and it works awesome.

One questions, have you had any problems with when rebooting getting stuck into a blank screen and needing to force shutdown it with the poower button?

I think it's when an external drive is in the usb, do you have any clue why it is and how to fix it?

Thanks!

just an update, I'm running 10.11.4 right now
updating from combo will crashed system and I'm kinda lost to narrow down problem

Backed up time machine
reformat, clean install with 10.11.4 on unibeast, gladly no need to start with nv_disable, 10.11.4 installer started nicely.

some is broken, bluetooth discovery problem, none of my bluetooth device are detected, rehabman brcm patch won't solve issue, deleted bluetooth plist also not solving, well it's time to buy usb bluetooth 4.0 lol

built-in wifi also not scanning 5Ghz, only works on 2,4Ghz just like on 10.11.3, at last bought TP-Link usb wifi download mediatek driver for OS X, my 5Ghz works :D

nvidia web driver 10.11.4 final .f01 is crashing my Illustrator apps, even when I tested on my native Macbook Pro will generate same problem, back to b01 for 10.11.4

everything else seems perfect on Maximus Extreme

Screen Shot 2016-03-26 at 10.40.27 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2016-03-26 at 10.49.54 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-03-25 at 9.45.50 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-03-25 at 11.51.39 PM.png

Last edited:
@mezter - I had this problem a few times with my previous Z77X Gigabyte motherboard, but haven't noticed it on the ASUS. However, I only use my external hard-drives when I'm running an OS. Have you tried booting with and without the external hard-drive(s) attached, just so you can say for sure this is causing your problem?

If you can definitely narrow it down to a connected device, then I'd try doing a search for your problem, as this doesn't seem like it's OS X only, unless it only happens when you reboot from OS X?

@brumie - Thanks for the update. You have some very good looking benchmarks :thumbup: I think USB bluetooth devices are cheap, and I'm sure a few of them are Mac compatible, so if you can't get your onboard bluetooth working yet, I think you're looking in the right place.

Still, it sounds like, the Iillustrator problem apart (which happens on a real Mac anyway), you've ended up with a very stable & fast system :thumbup: And it's always good to get your latest Hackintosh build, up & running, and stable :)

@mezter - I had this problem a few times with my previous Z77X Gigabyte motherboard, but haven't noticed it on the ASUS. However, I only use my external hard-drives when I'm running an OS. Have you tried booting with and without the external hard-drive(s) attached, just so you can say for sure this is causing your problem?

If you can definitely narrow it down to a connected device, then I'd try doing a search for your problem, as this doesn't seem like it's OS X only, unless it only happens when you reboot from OS X?

@brumie - Thanks for the update. You have some very good looking benchmarks :thumbup: I think USB bluetooth devices are cheap, and I'm sure a few of them are Mac compatible, so if you can't get your onboard bluetooth working yet, I think you're looking in the right place.

Still, it sounds like, the Iillustrator problem apart (which happens on a real Mac anyway), you've ended up with a very stable & fast system :thumbup: And it's always good to get your latest Hackintosh build, up & running, and stable :)

Thanks bro, I'll try to do that and see what happens and will give you an update.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back