Contribute
Register

[Success] Sierra (now Big Sur) - ASUS Prime Z270-A - 64GB - i7 7700K 4.2Ghz - XFX Radeon RX 580 8 GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your share, btw could you share your EFI package? Thanks again!

I attached the latest EFI/CLOVER, removed themes, docs etc, running High Sierra 10.13.5

Hi thanks for post, I succesfully built my hackintosh with same mother board, intel i5
Machine has been working great, wanted to add GIGABYTE GeForce GV-N1050WF2OC-2GD 2GB 128-Bit GDDR5 DirectX 12 PCI Express 3.0 x16 ATX Video Card, I was able to install all nvidia web drivers including CUDA for corresponding version of High Sierra. Machine boots up fine, when I install the actual GPU on the Mother board, the machine does not boot.
Any suggestions will be appreciatted.

Thanks in advance

Very nice guide. I hope one day you will make a clean install of Catalina guide. Starting from scratch :)

Thank you, I appreciate it, That will happen if a friend ask me to build one :)

I added 32GB RAM in May to solve some performances issues I had, when running many VM fusion instances.

Also the USB change made it more stable. (had some issues when using CCC to backup to USB drives as those drives disconnected from time to time)

If I have the same motherboard can I use SSDT-USB.alm from you on my system ?
Yes, if you use same ports - that is USB3_34 for front USB and the 4 standard on Backplate.

USB-C and USB-A on backplate next to each other, will be working too

@margate

First - thank you for this build thread. I built my machine using it, then somehow managed to fumble my way through updating to High Sierra. And am now trying to move up to Catalina and have gotten stuck... At this point, stuck right here...

IMG_1568.jpg

I notice a while ago you were nice enough to post a copy of your EFI folder.... I was wondering if you could be so kind to do so now that you've upgraded to Catalina. I'm sure it would be most illuminating... and likely, immensely helpful. :) Or of course any other insight you might have as to how to get past W836x. Thanks!!!

Last edited:
Find EFI attached!!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    39.1 MB · Views: 338
Find EFI attached!!
Thanks I'll give it a try. Something else I just today noticed - by your profile, it says you're running an RX 580 GPU - is that a switch from from the GTX 1060 listed at the start of the build. From what I've been reading, I'm assuming my GTX 1060 could be part of my problem as well (again trying to move to Catalina from High Sierra).

Thoughts?

Hello
Updated configuration and header to illustrate current config

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back