Contribute
Register

Success: GA-Z170X-UD5, i7-6700K, EVGA GTX970, Skylake iMac 17.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of good info here and I have read the whole thread, but I am still having some issues. I can't get MultiBeast to run properly. When it tries to install any of the drivers it fails with a message about contacting the software manufacturer for assistance. The only version of MultiBeast for Sierra is 9.0.1.

Also it doesn't seem to install a bootloader on the actual drive because I get an error after rebooting that says there is no bootable drive.

I was able to get this same hardware running with El Capitan if I used an older version of MultiBeast 8.2.1 or 8.2.2..... could not get it to work with 8.2.3, same install error message in the logs.

Z170X-UD5
Core i5 6500
2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000
WD Blue 1TB M.2
Onboard 530 graphics through DVI port since my Apple Cinema Display is still kicking and only has DVI.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Ok so.... I was able to take a fully functioning El Capitan system upgraded to Sierra, but now audio is broken. I try Multibeast but it fails when I try to install the audio kexts and that I need to contact the software manufacturer.

Ok so.... I was able to take a fully functioning El Capitan system upgraded to Sierra, but now audio is broken. I try Multibeast but it fails when I try to install the audio kexts and that I need to contact the software manufacturer.

What is your ALC?

Lots of good info here and I have read the whole thread, but I am still having some issues. I can't get MultiBeast to run properly. When it tries to install any of the drivers it fails with a message about contacting the software manufacturer for assistance. The only version of MultiBeast for Sierra is 9.0.1.

Also it doesn't seem to install a bootloader on the actual drive because I get an error after rebooting that says there is no bootable drive.

I was able to get this same hardware running with El Capitan if I used an older version of MultiBeast 8.2.1 or 8.2.2..... could not get it to work with 8.2.3, same install error message in the logs.

Z170X-UD5
Core i5 6500
2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000
WD Blue 1TB M.2
Onboard 530 graphics through DVI port since my Apple Cinema Display is still kicking and only has DVI.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!

When I first was trying to install the OS l was having random issues. I ended up re-downloading Sierra and used a different USB stick and everything worked

Did you select 100 series audio?

Yes, but I keep getting the install failed error message when trying to install kexts.

I also have tried several different USB sticks, even bought a brand new one, all have the same result.

Yes, but I keep getting the install failed error message when trying to install kexts.

I also have tried several different USB sticks, even bought a brand new one, all have the same result.
I am not sure what's going on then. If you find a solution, be sure to post it as it will help out other people

I am not sure what's going on then. If you find a solution, be sure to post it as it will help out other people
The only solution I could come up with was to install El Capitan using Multibeast 8.2.2 and upgrade from there. MB 8.2.3 threw the same install errors.

Terrific guide, thanks for the easy to follow instructions. One thing that is not working perfectly, but seems pretty close, is wake from sleep. If I try to wake the computer using the keyboard or mouse, it comes on but the screen remains off. But if I wake it using the power button on the computer's case, it works fine. Any suggestions? Thanks once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back