Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Screen Freezes using Sapphire Radeon Vega 64 Nitro+ in MacOS Mojave 10.14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a SSDT you could try in Clover/ACPI/patched folder. It may get you the proper Framebuffer. One other question is what is your power supply wattage rating?

SSDT-Inject FB Name For Vega 56 or 64.zip

So, I figured out that it seems that the “Mount EFI” function in Clover Configurator is not working properly for most people in Mojave, so that’s not really an issue now. I successfully used EFI Mounter V3.

But, I’m still getting unsatisfactory results, even after I put the 4 SSDT filed into the Clover/ACPI/Patched folder. I’m still getting the inevitable screen freezes.

GigaMaxx, I put all four of the SSDT files you uploaded into the “Patched” folder. Is that what I was supposed to do? Does my uploaded EFI folder give you any clues?

Here is a SSDT you could try in Clover/ACPI/patched folder. It may get you the proper Framebuffer.

SSDT-Inject FB Name For Vega 56 or 64.zip

Well, I have been hacking for probably 6 years, but I can be a noob in some areas for sure. I have never really gotten deep into SSDT's and such. So, I figured out you were actually asking me to only put one of the SSDT files in at a time (I think). I tried a run with the SSDT-Vega64-FBName-Kamarang file and another time with the SSDT-Vega64-FBName-Iriri file. Both times it ended up with a screen freeze requiring reboot. The SSDT-Vega64-FBName-Iriri seemed to give me a longer time before reboot though (if that really matters or not, I do not know). Of course, I ran it several times with all four of the Vega 56/Vega 64 Iriri/Kamarang files, and it ended with the inevitable freeze/reboot every time.

I am testing these SSDTs under High Sierra and not Mojave, so if these SSDTs are specific to Mojave and I need to test on Mojave, let me know. I am reloading my current EFI folder, so please respond if there is something else I need to change in order to make things work. Thanks so much!

EFI.zip

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    16.5 MB · Views: 153
Try this I made a few edits.EFI.zip
Ok, I gave it a try, but the screen still froze while using FCPX. It was using Iriri. Should I switch to Kamarang and try that within your edited EFI? It

Ok, I gave it a try, but the screen still froze while using FCPX. It was using Iriri. Should I switch to Kamarang and try that within your edited EFI? It
I went ahead and tried with Kamarang. Froze up on the first 10 seconds of using FCPX. Anything else to try?

Thank you so much!!!!!

I have a Vega 64...the Vega 56 SSDTs are not something I should try, right?

I have a Vega 64...the Vega 56 SSDTs are not something I should try, right?

Correct, maybe you should try partially enabling the IGPU I know many users do this for FCPX.

Correct, maybe you should try partially enabling the IGPU I know many users do this for FCPX.
Hmmm...how do you partially enable it? I’ve tried to get that working before....I enabled it in the BIOS in the past, but it wouldn’t boot. I cannot remember how far it got for sure, but I don’t think it’ll even get to the Clover boot loader screen...

I have an Asus MB. Any ideas on how to partially or fully enable the IGPU? Or why mine wouldn’t boot after enabling it in the BIOS?

Same situation here. Random freezes. Mouse working but only force reboot works

Hmmm...how do you partially enable it? I’ve tried to get that working before....I enabled it in the BIOS in the past, but it wouldn’t boot. I cannot remember how far it got for sure, but I don’t think it’ll even get to the Clover boot loader screen...

I have an Asus MB. Any ideas on how to partially or fully enable the IGPU? Or why mine wouldn’t boot after enabling it in the BIOS?

Go to the search tool and look up success with Asus and 8700k or whatever your cpu is and check out the guides.
It’s basically setting the right bios settings and also clover ig platform inject intel and device ID. Somebset IGPU for full support and some only use partial enable to get fcpx to work without crashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back