Contribute
Register

(Success) ReWrite: Yosemite 10.10.2 MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | i5-4460 | Asus Strix GTS 960: Silent Beast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you tried to successfully overclock the CPU using the mobo? I just bought it and was wondering...
Thanks!

Thanks for posting everything in such detail. I have had issues getting my GTX-960 up and running without issues but after following your directions I was able to finally get everything working and it appears to be pretty solid too. This is my first hackintosh build so with everything being new your post really helped. Thanks for taking the time to share this with the rest of us. Tom :thumbup:

Hello

I've installed the new drivers from nVidia without problems, but sometimes they load and sometimes they don't.

The first time that I rebooted after the driver installation, it was OK, the drivers worked. I selected in the panel "nVidia web driver" instead of Mac OS X ones, but then I rebooted again and I couldn't reach the desktop. I reinstalled the drivers (booted using nv_disable) and it worked again. One more reboot and it stopped working.

Has anyone the same problem? Why is it that right after the installation the drivers work and then they don't work anymore?

Yosemite 10.10.3
Gigabyte Geforce GTX 960

Thank you!

You need nvda_drv=1 in your boot arguments. Did you set any other options? Some plist configs will give you issues.

You need nvda_drv=1 in your boot arguments. Did you set any other options? Some plist configs will give you issues.

Hello
Still experiencing the same problem.
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
<string>01000000</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>No</string>​

Which port are you using? DVI? DP? Where is your org.chameleon.boot.plist located? You say sometimes it works sometimes it does not. Can you pin down the change between when it works and when it does not?

If this issue persists you could try out TylerWorth's Clover install. My system is much much more stable with Clover. Don't always do exactly what TylerWorth does, though. Look at the main Clover guide as well and try to understand what settings you actually need.

Which port are you using? DVI? DP? Where is your org.chameleon.boot.plist located? You say sometimes it works sometimes it does not. Can you pin down the change between when it works and when it does not?

If this issue persists you could try out TylerWorth's Clover install. My system is much much more stable with Clover. Don't always do exactly what TylerWorth does, though. Look at the main Clover guide as well and try to understand what settings you actually need.

DVI
Extra/org.chameleon.boot.plist

Reboot and it stopped working.

Here's my 10.10.2 plist with*ASUS*P8P*Deluxe/ASUS*Strix 960*4GB. If i leave "GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No" separately to plist i have to use opposite boot args like i have Ge YES in plist have to add boot arg Ge NO manually before getting to desktop at all (so 2x GE arg). Weird.*If i put Ge NO in with kernel flags arg it seem to work.
Maybe something do with geforce power management ?
So with this everything works (maybe just with my setup)..

<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<string>Yes</string>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"1920x1080x32"</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1 GraphicsEnabler=No</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
</plist>

Also found out that if i have voodooHDA control panel installed with my ALC889a driver i can control main sound volume with voodooHDA with "microphone Pink Rear" Input Gain for some unknown reason. (TylerWorth said something about half volume).

Thanks for excellent tutorial !

You should not need GE at all. What happens if you completely take it out?

Now it's working fine without GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No.

My plist now:

PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>nvda_drv=1 kext-dev-mode=1</string>
<string>Yes</string>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Rebooted several times working fine and dandy !

BIG*Thankyou dem7w2 !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back