Contribute
Register

[Success] PYNTy-Mac i7 8700 - Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI - 16GB RAM - Sapphire RX 580 - Mojave 10.14.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not in PCI slot but if you can in a port M.2 for SSD/NVMe with an adapter.

Can't wait to see your success. But I don't have any available M.2 slots left as both of them have SSDs plugged into them.

Have you tried replace the CNVi slot with an adapter and WiFi module? Just as @picov said in post.
Are you really sure that the Z390I motherboard connector is different?
I've a Gigabyte "B360N WIFI" that use an "Intel® CNVi 802.11ac Wave2 2T2R WIFI" (from specs it seems very similar to that of the Z390I AORUS PRO WIFI).
Into my B360N WIFI I've replaced the original wifi card with an adapter (like this https://www.amazon.it/dp/B07418CNH2/?tag=tonymacx86com-21) + Apple Airport card (BCM94360CS2 and BCM943602CS model) and it works perfectly (including bluetooth, handoff, continuity etc.)

Have you tried replace the CNVi slot with an adapter and wifi module? just as @picov said in post.
Hi! I have not yet tried. I don't have the adapter, yet, I bought it in China, and it will be arriving on March 6, approximately. When I get it, I'll will try it out, although I have seen in other post that does not work.

Hi indigothm, did you solved it yet?
I got the same situation

UPDATE: my samsung 970evo plus cause the problem. waiting for my 970Evo.
I was unable to do that. Might try again on a different drive

Let me know if it helps.

Thanks you so much for your post, and the detail. I have ordered my Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi MB
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HRZKPXM/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

and have my CPU, video, ATX case. 4K monitor and the rest of the goodies. Looking forward to the build in a couple weeks.

Excellent! I'm glad it can be helpful. Your motherboard (not ITX) should work as the configuration except the USB mapping. Tell us how you're doing! Best regards.

Hi Sir,
How long is your boot time? In my case about 30 s.

Hi, There was a bit of delay at the start, I did not like the delay in getting clover in but it was settled by eliminating several unnecessary drivers, currently I only have these:

Although I do not think it is necessary VBoxHfs-64.efi, Because the system is using APFS, and these drivers are only necessary for the beginning. Some even remove the driver64 folder, since they use uefi, but this I did not try

But I've noticed a bootleg improvement. I think it might be better, I should look more detailed at the beginning to see how to improve even more.

There's a driver not using it: NvmExpressDxe-64.efi, apparently this gives support for NVM Express devices. I'd be good at trying.

Greetings

Hi, There was a bit of delay at the start, I did not like the delay in getting clover in but it was settled by eliminating several unnecessary drivers, currently I only have these:

View attachment 391205

Although I do not think it is necessary VBoxHfs-64.efi, Because the system is using APFS, and these drivers are only necessary for the beginning. Some even remove the driver64 folder, since they use uefi, but this I did not try

But I've noticed a bootleg improvement. I think it might be better, I should look more detailed at the beginning to see how to improve even more.

There's a driver not using it: NvmExpressDxe-64.efi, apparently this gives support for NVM Express devices. I'd be good at trying.

Greetings

Thanks for your reply. Could you tell me about your boot time?

There is some video:
Normal boot time:
Slow boot time:

How about your boot time(Maybe called startup time)?

Thanks again.

Hi, I have little problem. Audio not working :/ Any tips? Try MultiBeast? THX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back