Contribute
Register

[Success] PYNTy-Mac i7 8700 - Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI - 16GB RAM - Sapphire RX 580 - Mojave 10.14.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
markoskz's PYNTy-Mac Hackintosh (Late 2018)
i7-8700 - Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI (itx) - Rx 580

-Would be disabling the following:
  1. The USB port type-C on the back panel as I have no type-c devices
  2. The connection to USB type-C for the front panel, as my cabinet does not have USB type-C forward (Evolv ITX)
  3. HS02/SS02 (Unknown)
  4. SS03 does not serve to have USB 3.1 where I connect the keyboard or mouse, so I just leave it as USB 2.0
  5. Bluetooth/Wifi (because it does not work on Hackintosh)
  6. USR1/USR2 (Unknown)
-How to use this mapping

To use it simply replace the kext USBInjectAll.kext with USBMap.kext. Note that i disable type-C ports, this mapping is particularly for my use because as explained above I have not devices with type-C. You must also place the files SSDT-USBX.AML and SSDT-EC.AML in ACPI/patched/.

@markoskz, My Gigabyte Z370 ITX/8700K build up and died a month ago. After testing as much as I could, it was clear that the power supply was fine and the motherboard had died. I had an ITX case, and it seemed to make sense to get a Z390 board, and the Z370 configuration had been simple. Maybe too simple...

I struggled for weeks getting this to work-- your USBmap.kext saves anyone with this board SO much time and effort. Mapping the USB ports with the script isn't impossible, but this is fantastic. THANK YOU!!!

I wasn't able to get the EFI folder/config working with just intel graphics alone, but i'm slowly cleaning up my clover configuration to get it as clean as possible.

Really, your USB map was the linchpin in getting this build from tolerable to great. Kudos--

Hi! I just wonder if you updated to 10.14.6 yet . I just updated last night. But the system isn't working right.
Do you mind if you can upload your config and kext file if you already update.

Thank you markoskz, your post saved me days of struggle. I followed your procedure, everything went smoothly without encountering any difficulty. Instead of Mojave, I have installed High Sierra since Nvidia CUDA is needed.

attach a picture of my A4 size itx.
IMG_3575.jpg

Hello, I was able to get 10.14.6 installed with this thread.
But I'm having trouble getting the UHD 630 and RX 580 to work together?
I'm not sure how much of a difference this makes in regular task but would like to use all that i9 POWER:headbang:

You see the details on my thread.
I just went back and double checked the kexts and drivers64efi folders. and noticed a few files that were wrong.
Deleted/added in missing.
Now I have sleep working!!! ^_^

Bluetooth was up and down, but now its just down! not sure what went wrong? its a CS2/M.2 adapter.
WiFi still works.

At some point I did get the UHD 630 to show up with full mem after I put in the RX and pulled it because I couldn't see any BIOS/Boot info.
but with the rx580 in, there is no sign of uhd?

I also just noticed that I can restart/shutdown with no kernel panic. but the LEDs on the motherboard stay on?
Also anyway to change the color? Just yellow & green are boring....

Hello,

I'm doing an overhaul on my 2016 Hackintosh. Had to upgrade the CPU and Motherboard. So, I've installed a Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI and was a bit less ambitions on the CPU - Core i5 9600k. I'm stuck at setting up the BIOS. My plan is to reuse the NVME drive. It's a Samsung 950 PRO Series - 512GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD.

I have the drive physically mounted on the front M.2 slot (M2P). And I can boot into BiOS on startup. But, the 950 Pro is invisible to the Bios telling me the slot is unfilled. It was working fine before I disassembled the previous build.

I installed it in an external USB enclosure and have no problems accessing it when I plug it into a MacBook Pro. I can read and write with no problems. I'm hoping this eliminates the drive as being the problem.

I'm on the second motherboard as the seller offered to exchange the first board. It was doing the same thing. So, is this normal?

Oh, I have it set on PCIE X 16 the default in the BIOS.

I thank you in advance for any help, suggestions or sharing your experience when building on this board.

craigk

Hello,

I'm doing an overhaul on my 2016 Hackintosh. Had to upgrade the CPU and Motherboard. So, I've installed a Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI and was a bit less ambitions on the CPU - Core i5 9600k. I'm stuck at setting up the BIOS. My plan is to reuse the NVME drive. It's a Samsung 950 PRO Series - 512GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD.

I have the drive physically mounted on the front M.2 slot (M2P). And I can boot into BiOS on startup. But, the 950 Pro is invisible to the Bios telling me the slot is unfilled. It was working fine before I disassembled the previous build.

I installed it in an external USB enclosure and have no problems accessing it when I plug it into a MacBook Pro. I can read and write with no problems. I'm hoping this eliminates the drive as being the problem.

I'm on the second motherboard as the seller offered to exchange the first board. It was doing the same thing. So, is this normal?

Oh, I have it set on PCIE X 16 the default in the BIOS.

I thank you in advance for any help, suggestions or sharing your experience when building on this board.

craigk

Did you put the 'NvmExpressDxe-64.efi' driver in your UEFI drivers folder?

Thanks silverblue for the input.

Did you put the 'NvmExpressDxe-64.efi' driver in your UEFI drivers folder?

Just checked. That driver is in the "drivers64UEFI" folder. And that is inside the Clover folder. Thanks!

sck

Thank you markoskz, your post saved me days of struggle. I followed your procedure, everything went smoothly without encountering any difficulty. Instead of Mojave, I have installed High Sierra since Nvidia CUDA is needed.

attach a picture of my A4 size itx.
View attachment 427659

I really like how the acrylic is openwork! 10 points! I think that if you don't have filters, dust can accumulate inside. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back