Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Opus i9 Build: Gigabyte Gaming X Z390 - i9-9900K - Radeon RX 6900 XT Ultimate

Updated to MacOS 13.3.1

With the new EFI, in order to update from the Control Panel > General > Software Update, you need to change this in the config.plist

Misc > Security > SecureBootModel > Disabled

What's the minimum fanspeed this GPU has? I assume an unhearable ~500 RPM (aside from 0 RPM mode)?

What's the minimum fanspeed this GPU has? I assume an unhearable ~500 RPM (aside from 0 RPM mode)?
@playerslayer123

I'm actually not too sure! I can go over to the Windows side and report what it says. I can't really hear it under normal usage, but when there is load like video encoding gaming or benchmarking, it spins up and I can hear it.

Well I took the plunge today and upgraded to Sonoma (MacOS 14.1)! I delayed it in part because I was working on an important project that I couldn't spare any downtime if the update went south. Also, I kind of wanted to read about other people's experiences with getting the Fenvi card running using OCLP.

Main thanks to @miliuco and the OCLP team for their detailed explanation.

I basically followed the OCLP instructions, using miliuco's config plist to get the kext entries and EFI to get the kexts.

Because I am also using Dropbox and Creative Cloud, I opted to go with the AMFIPass option and loaded that kext/bootarg.

Fenvi T919 wifi back in Sonoma with OCLP early preview
[GUIDE] How to install macOS 14 Sonoma on Z390 Aorus Elite motherboard using OpenCore
miliuco's OC 0.9.5 EFI

Everything appears to be back up and running.

Last edited:
@tedyun
I didn't update from 13.2 to 14.2.1
Can you upload copy of EFI partition with your compatible config for 14.1 here ?
Thank you!

the link above your first post should help
Not working, I didn't know how fix it.
How to enable verbose mode during updates installing ?
I didn't find 0.9.7 at the first post ?

@tedyun
repost 0.9.7 if it possible, thank you!

Last edited:
Not working, I didn't know how fix it.
How to enable verbose mode during updates installing ?
I didn't find 0.9.7 at the first post ?

@tedyun
repost 0.9.7 if it possible, thank you!
"not working" seems a little vague

add -v to your boot arguments and take a pic where it stops

Back