Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Opus i9 Build: Gigabyte Gaming X Z390 - i9-9900K - Radeon RX 6900 XT Ultimate

Updated to OpenCore 0.8.5. My EFI is attached here and to the first post, with some minor changes to make it shareable.

If you have a 6900XTXH, make sure you enable ACPI > Add > 0 (Enable Radeon 6900XT WEG spoof - enable only if 6900XTXH is installed) BEFORE you use the EFI. This is disabled as default because I'm not sure what will happen if it is enabled on a system that doesn't have a 6900XTXH card.

The other thing is that if you DON'T have a 6900XTXH, make sure you change the values in DeviceProperties > PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0).

If you use this EFI:

Rename EFI > OC > Opus - Rename to config.plist to config.plist
In the config.plist:

1. Confirm the values in DeviceProperties > PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0).

2. Add your values in PlatformInfo > ROM. PlatformInfo > SystemProductName, PlatformInfo > SystemSerialNumber, PlatformInfo > SystemUUID

Attachments

• OC 0.8.5 Opus Shareable.zip
    22 MB · Views: 55
Hi Tedyun,

I'm wondering if you ever found a solution for your Magic Mouse disconnecting after reboot? I am having the same problem, and after booting from Windows into Mac OS I have to remove the Magic Keyboard and Magic Mouse devices, and then add them again to get them working. This forces me to keep a USB mouse plugged in all the time, obviously defeating the purpose of the Magic devices.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

@DocMeattey -- I'm finding that I have the same problem with a bona fide Macintosh. My work laptop is an M1 MacBook Pro, and I have a Magic Mouse and Apple Keyboard. It is running Big Sur. Sometimes after rebooting, the Magic Mouse is not connected. Similar to my Hackintosh, I connect the mouse via USB > Lightning, turn it off, then on, and it reconnects.

Updated to OpenCore 0.8.6. My EFI is attached here and to the first post, with some minor changes to make it shareable.

This latest OpenCore has a minor update to the SSDT-BRG0.aml file that is used by us who spoof the 6900XTXH card to load the 6900XT drivers. Functionally I think it is only important if you dual-boot Windows and use the OC Picker to select the boot drive.

If you have a 6900XTXH, make sure you enable ACPI > Add > 0 (Enable Radeon 6900XT WEG spoof - enable only if 6900XTXH is installed) BEFORE you use the EFI. This is disabled as default because I'm not sure what will happen if it is enabled on a system that doesn't have a 6900XTXH card.

The other thing is that if you DON'T have a 6900XTXH, make sure you change the values in DeviceProperties > PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0).

If you use this EFI:

In the config.plist:

1. Confirm the values in DeviceProperties > PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0).

2. Add your values in PlatformInfo > ROM. PlatformInfo > SystemProductName, PlatformInfo > SystemSerialNumber, PlatformInfo > SystemUUID

Attachments

• OC 0.8.6 Opus Shareable.zip
    16.2 MB · Views: 23
@tedyun
In attachment OpenCore-0.8.6...
Structure:
OpenCore-0
-X64
-Utilities
-IA32
-Docs

In my current system(dual boot)-0.8.5:
EFI
-APPLE
-BOOT
-Microsoft
-OC
What must to do for merge or patch it, that your addition extends current ?

It looks like I uploaded the wrong folder to my Original Post. That folder is the generic OpenCore release.

Try the EFI that I uploaded here (the post previous to yours).

I will try to correct the archive in the Original Post.

Updated to OpenCore 0.8.7. My EFI is attached here and to the first post, with some minor changes to make it shareable.

If you use this EFI:

In the config.plist:

Attachments

• OC 0.8.7 Opus Shareable.zip
    16.2 MB · Views: 35
Updated to OpenCore 0.8.8. My EFI is attached here and to the first post, with some minor changes to make it shareable.

If you use this EFI:

In the config.plist:

Attachments

• OC 0.8.8 Opus Shareable.zip
    16.1 MB · Views: 38
Updated to OpenCore 0.9.0.

I highly recommend using OCAT to upgrade your EFI as opposed to downloading my EFI, then manually adding in your customizations. The whole process with OCAT is probably much shorter than manually tweaking.

My EFI is attached here and to the first post, with some minor changes to make it shareable.

If you use this EFI:

In the config.plist:

Attachments

• OC 0.9.0 Opus Shareable.zip
    17.3 MB · Views: 25
Alert: My OpenCore EFI 0.9.0 may not be compatible with the macOS 13.3 update!!!

For the first time since Catalina, updating with the release version of the latest update broke my system. It essentially went into a boot loop where it would proceed, then reboot, then display a "you computer encountered a problem...." then do it all over again.

Because my video card goes into a blank display, booting in verbose wasn't informative as to where the problem was.

Fortunately, the Gigabyte Z390 motherboards are very similar, so thanks to CaseySJ, he shared his OC 0.9.0 EFI. I replaced his with my custom info like DeviceProperties, USB map, and serials. It is up and running now, pretty much as before. His EFI has many SSDTs that are custom for his system, so I'd like to go an triage through them for what is needed for the Gaming X motherboard before posting the EFI.

I would advise not updating to 13.3 yet. I will release the latest EFI when I can. We're so close to the OC 0.9.1 that I will probably do it then. However, if you want to update, definitely use Casey's EFI, linked above. Make sure to modify it for your system.

Updated to OpenCore 0.9.1.

My EFI has been significantly revised. It is now based on @CaseySJ's EFI, shared here. While on OC 0.9.0, I performed the update to macOS 13.3, and, for the first time since settling on a configuration based on pastrychef's Z390M Gaming EFI back in Catalina, the update failed. I went into a boot loop. CaseySJ's EFI rescued it, and it was able to complete the update process. After updating, my old EFI works, but clearly something changed, and I can't guarantee the old EFI will be compatible for future updates.

Subsequent investigation by CaseySJ proposes that there is an update to MacOS that introduces a change in the way the memory is mapped. This seems to cause a conflict with AppleVTD and the Intel Aquantia Ethernet drivers implemented in OC. One option is to simply disable VT-d and AppleVTD, and Aquantia. However, I use Parallels to access Windows in my Mac, so I think I have to enable VT-d. Fortunately CaseySJ released a Kernel Patch that allows enabling of both options.

I have to say thanks to @CaseySJ and his dedication to fixing his configurations. It turned out that the problem affected a very specific number of users - those who have enabled VT-d, Aquantia Ethernet, and were using more than 16 GB of RAM. This community is amazing, and so sad that it will be sun setting as Apple moves to AppleSi.

So, going forward, I will transition to this new EFI. It looks like there are a number of SSDT's that are not necessary for the Gaming X motherboard. Some of them are specific for the Designaire MB, some implement Thunderbolt PCI card and Ethernet PCI card. There are also some entries in the Kernel (Kexts) section that I didn't think were necessary.

Cross my fingers, I hope this will get me through the next update and beyond....

The other thing is that, if you DON'T have a 6900XTXH, make sure you change the values in DeviceProperties > PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0).

If you use this EFI:

In the config.plist:

Attachments

• OC 0.9.1 Opus Shareable EFI.zip
    46.1 MB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Back