Contribute
Register

[Success] OpenCore 0.6.8 on my Mac Pro build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Via UEFI (BIOS) when I need windows

I am using the very latest version OC 0.6.0 and to switch Operations systems, I use the Boot Menu as shown in my pic. Doing it via the BIOS seems slightly long winded to me. The CFG/MSR lock/unlock, I got that simplified by requesting an unreleased Beta BIOS version from Gigabyte that makes this operation much easier that can be toggled on and off in the BIOS (as shown in pic) than messing with a Grub Tool to unlock that function.

Attachments

• IMG_0109.jpeg
    IMG_0109.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 131
  • IMG_0110.jpeg
    IMG_0110.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 144
What I did after getting CFG_LOCK or MSR turned off via the recommended method was save the setting to EFI partition and to one of UEFI profiles in the UEFI

As far as Windows boot I do not need it very often. So using UEFI boot menu not a big deal

oh I be interested in that BIOS!

The CFG/MSR lock/unlock, I got that simplified by requesting an unreleased Beta BIOS version from Gigabyte that makes this operation much easier that can be toggled on and off in the BIOS (as shown in pic) than messing with a Grub Tool to unlock that function.
This is very interesting! Do they reply promptly? And is the BIOS for your mobo and the one for Aorus Ultra the same?

Auros Z390 pro qnd pro wifi same

Last edited:
I requested Gigabyte and they sent me the BIOS for my mobo, too. More precisely, this is the computer of my friend’s son, I made this computer for him and returned the computer to him yesterday. He will update the BIOS tonight.

I requested Gigabyte and they sent me the BIOS for my mobo, too. More precisely, this is the computer of my friend’s son, I made this computer for him and returned the computer to him yesterday. He will update the BIOS tonight.
Exactly that, all it needed was a request to Gigabyte for the revised BIOS to enable/disable CFG Lock and they will oblige.

I am very reluctant to post the files here as I don't want the responsibility in borking your boards if done incorrectly. Like I said, request the files from Gigabyte's web site and they will supply the files with full instructions. Good luck.

Last edited:
It now has Thunderbolt 3 support
Gigabyte Tian Ridge v2.0 card with firmware flashed by me

thanks to some help from CaseySJ
he has a long thread on it.

It now has Thunderbolt 3 support
Gigabyte Tian Ridge v2.0 card with firmware flashed by me

thanks to some help from CaseySJ
he has a long thread on it.
Which thread exactly do you mean? (there are many I can find)

Try here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back