Contribute
Register

[Success] OpenCore 0.6.8 on my Mac Pro build

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I like about my system is it is little faster than a 2019 Mac Pro 8 core @ 3.6GHz RX 580 system in Geek Bench 5
At 1/3 or less than a Mac Pro 2019

BootCamp installed in Windows for startup disk selection
OpenCore will boot selected OS without any issues

@ Maf3r0 and foster - I like both your takes on OC, at the moment I am testing both original OC and NDK's fork of OC although the developers tends to frown upon NDK's for slightly changing the structure of the original, I like the look and feel of the latter as personally coming from Clover, I find it more user friendly. It's early days yet so I have not decided which one I will use as my daily driver when we have the final release but it sure looks promising.

BootCamp installed in Windows for startup disk selection
OpenCore will boot selected OS without any issues

Yep, I've boot camp installed too and it's work very well in windows or macos

I like the look and feel of the latter as personally coming from Clover, I find it more user friendly

Currently I'm using OC's oficial release just b/c I started with it and prefer this one (over n-d-k) just for security reasons…but n-d-k has many features (like apply smbios just in macos) that will be adding more flexibility to oficial OC, but in terms of looking I like the external picker from OC (and it's animations) just like a real mac

Now using OC 0.5.9

I removed USB port mapping kext
kept OpenCore from starting macOS (07 error)
macOS Catalina 10.15.5 beta (19F72f)

which means no port limit patches and all ports show in Hackintool

Hey man, I recently moved to opencore too and it worked great for my first attempt compared to my struggle with clover.
My setup:
1588846039448.png

However my 94360CD failed to work with bluetooth only natively recognize Wifi. Do you know anyway to work on this?
My ACPI mapped using this guide here: https://dortania.github.io/Getting-Started-With-ACPI/ but apparently it looks like bluetooth never worked from start
1588846151441.png

The setup looks great so far though, can't figure out why BT, it was working natively on Clover thou. I'm using a Z390 gaming X.
1588846222610.png

Try the recommended Broadcom fix kexts they show in new OpenCore guide.

i chose easy way gave Newegg About $60 for Fenvi t919 with Bluetooth, Which makes airdrop, handoff work. It same chipset as your WiFi card

did you remember to install the cable to the card and motherboard usb header, it’s easy to overlook small cables like that.

check with hackintool that your Bluetooth side of card shows under usb devices

Last edited:
I have it worked fine under Clover boot and after moving to OC (which is a clean install) the problem shows up. Under USB naming is weird and a lot of them being "unknown" so i'm not sure which one is the bluetooth one (of course I wired it if you wonder). I did try the both the of options in the kext (where I didn't have to under Clover) but no luck....
I used to have fully functional bluetooth with continuity, handoff and airdrop as well, just not now....
1588849832657.png

Did you carry over any kext or kernel patching from clover. You should not have

any USB port mapping remove them
Run config.plist through sanity checker
Very few efi drivers are used

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back