Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Ongoing Status of Designare Z390 with i7-9700K

Status
Not open for further replies.
@NoiseCoalition Yes, that’s the same PCIe adapter I purchased. And this is the WiFi/BT card that needs to be mounted to the adapter:

Padarsey BCM94360CS2 WiFi Bluetooth Airport Wireless Card Compatible for MacBook Air 11" A1465 (2013, 2014, 2015) 13" A1466 (2013, 2014, 2015, 2017) (661-7465, 661-7481, 653-0023) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C78VBCD/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

With this particular WiFi/BT, all of the following are working out-of-the-box (no drivers or any kind of tinkering needed):
  • Continuity
  • Handoff
  • Airdrop
  • Continuity Camera
  • Unlock with Apple Watch
This is just a no-brainer to have!

This is my first build and its 90% completed except the BT isn't working. The BCM94360CS2 is supposed to be working outside the box but isn't. I read your guide and am still having issues with BT. Attached are my files.
For some reason i still seem to have all the ports despite using your method below:
To fix your USB ports:
  • Copy the file SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V3.aml from Post #1 to your CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder on the Mojave EFI partition and reboot.
  • Then check IORegistryViewer again to ensure that both HSxx (high speed) and SSxx (super speed) USB ports are showing."
Please let me know what i can change

Thank you!

Gigabyte Z390 Designare w/Intel i7 9
Gskills 64 GB 3000 MHz DDR4
Radeon RX 580 8 GB
Corsaire Hx850.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    36.4 MB · Views: 188
  • Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 8.25.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 8.25.52 PM.png
    207.2 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
This is my first build and its 90% completed except the BT isn't working. The BCM94360CS2 is supposed to be working outside the box but isn't. I read your guide and am still having issues with BT. Attached are my files.
For some reason i still seem to have all the ports despite using your method below:
To fix your USB ports:
  • Copy the file SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V3.aml from Post #1 to your CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder on the Mojave EFI partition and reboot.
  • Then check IORegistryViewer again to ensure that both HSxx (high speed) and SSxx (super speed) USB ports are showing."
Please let me know what i can change

Thank you!

Gigabyte Z390 Designare w/Intel i7 9
Gskills 64 GB 3000 MHz DDR4
Radeon RX 580 8 GB
Corsaire Hx850.
Your CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder contains two files that should be removed:
  • DSDT.aml
  • SSDT-UIAC.aml
Your config.plist seems to have been migrated from an older system. There are numerous unnecessary settings.

The Build Guide for this system is located here:

Your CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder contains two files that should be removed:
  • DSDT.aml
  • SSDT-UIAC.aml
Your config.plist seems to have been migrated from an older system. There are numerous unnecessary settings.

The Build Guide for this system is located here:

Thank you for your help, your guide was amazing. Upon following your suggestions and removing "DSDT.aml", my shutdown/restart/sleep button stopped working, so i reinstalled and it works perfectly now. Also, using your SSDT USB port patch got my BT working again! I only struggled to get IGPU and accelerated graphics for my RX 580 working until someone patched them for me. Other than that, my Hackintosh works perfectly. Heres my EFI/clover incase anyone has a similar setup.
Thanks again

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-03 at 7.12.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-03 at 7.12.15 PM.png
    66.3 KB · Views: 87
  • Archive.zip
    36.4 MB · Views: 218
Update: I tried wired mouse and keyboard, gave even freezing on the safari. Now I will try using bluetooth mouse and keyboard apple.
Which version of MacOS are you running? 10.14.4?

Have you looked at the actual build guide here:

Hello Casey,

Thank you very much for commenting and trying to help, I see that you have made an immense effort for community, I have been following your work, my congratulations.
Yes I am running 10.14.4.
The moment I saw your message and began to respond, another freeze, so the question of mouse and keyboard for me is discarded, I tested wired, wireless microsoft, logitech and also the original apple bt.
I follow the post that is speaking, the only thing that happens today is this damn freezing without explanation.
If you have time to look at my config.plist and suggest some change, thank you, I'm not very good and you know how to configure. But I can try.
Thank you.
Hello Abdala,

I've modified your config.plist according to the Post-Installation section of the build guide. However, other factors can affect overall system reliability so I would strongly urge you to follow the screenshot-by-screenshot guide here:

Specifically, have a look at "Final Steps in Post-Installation":

Screen Shot 2019-05-12 at 4.44.54 PM.png

Attachments

• config-abdala.plist
    6.3 KB · Views: 140
Hi! nice to meet you.
It is great to succeed in assembling a custom mac.
But I have an answer.

Is it ok to use this card?

1. Fosa BCM94352Z NGFF 802.11ac Dual Band Wireless WIFI Card Module for Lenovo Y50-70 Touch 04X6020
2. FV-T919 1300Mbps Dual Band 802.11AC Desktop Wifi Adapter Broadcom BCM94360 Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Mac OSX Hackintosh

Please refer to either 1 or 2 products.

I am using an Z390 Designare, RX 580 8G graphics card.

I would appreciate your reply.
Thank you.

Attachments

• 1111.jpg
    1111.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 70
Hi! nice to meet you.
It is great to succeed in assembling a custom mac.
But I have an answer.

Is it ok to use this card?

1. Fosa BCM94352Z NGFF 802.11ac Dual Band Wireless WIFI Card Module for Lenovo Y50-70 Touch 04X6020
2. FV-T919 1300Mbps Dual Band 802.11AC Desktop Wifi Adapter Broadcom BCM94360 Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Mac OSX Hackintosh

Please refer to either 1 or 2 products.

I am using an Z390 Designare, RX 580 8G graphics card.

I would appreciate your reply.
Thank you.
Hello @sangdragon,

Item 1 will not work.
Item 2 will work and it is recommended.

Please see the full build guide in the link below. We recommend installing SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-NO-CNVW.aml in order to prevent problems with the Fenvi FV-T919. Everything you need to know is mentioned in the build guide.

Thank you for your prompt reply.
Have a happy day.

Yo CaseySJ, been a while since I've been on. Grateful for all your previous help in getting this powerhouse together. The Machine has been working great since getting rid of the EVO drive and changing out the 580 card with a compatible one. But there is one more little gremlin playing with wires...

The Problem: All of the bluetooth ports have this horrible habit of powering down and then back up again. I'll be working along and all of a sudden I'll see my Bluetooth drives disappear. At the same time, my BT mouse and keyboard will disconnect. After about 3 seconds or so, it all comes back.
If I'm recording in Protools, the recording will stop.

I'm using the Broadcom card...
Manufacturer: Broadcom
Transport: USB
Chipset: 20702B0
Firmware Version: v150 c9318
Bluetooth Power: On
Discoverable: Off
Connectable: Yes

I'm using the usb power from the usb 2.0 next to the fan pump on the bottom of the board.
I have to items connected to HS11/HS12. My EVGA Processor cooler and it's also powering the Bluetooth card.
I've used your SSDT patch "SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V3.aml"

There is one thing I've noticed and I'm not sure that this will have any effect, but I do have the HS01 port attached to my Front Panel USB 3.1. Is it possible that this is overtaxing the Mac USB limit? Or is there some other patch that I need to manage this?

Yo CaseySJ, been a while since I've been on. Grateful for all your previous help in getting this powerhouse together. The Machine has been working great since getting rid of the EVO drive and changing out the 580 card with a compatible one. But there is one more little gremlin playing with wires...

The Problem: All of the bluetooth ports have this horrible habit of powering down and then back up again. I'll be working along and all of a sudden I'll see my Bluetooth drives disappear. At the same time, my BT mouse and keyboard will disconnect. After about 3 seconds or so, it all comes back.
If I'm recording in Protools, the recording will stop.

I'm using the Broadcom card...
Manufacturer: Broadcom
Transport: USB
Chipset: 20702B0
Firmware Version: v150 c9318
Bluetooth Power: On
Discoverable: Off
Connectable: Yes

I'm using the usb power from the usb 2.0 next to the fan pump on the bottom of the board.
I have to items connected to HS11/HS12. My EVGA Processor cooler and it's also powering the Bluetooth card.
I've used your SSDT patch "SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V3.aml"

There is one thing I've noticed and I'm not sure that this will have any effect, but I do have the HS01 port attached to my Front Panel USB 3.1. Is it possible that this is overtaxing the Mac USB limit? Or is there some other patch that I need to manage this?
Yo! :)

When you say "my Bluetooth drives disappear" I think you mean "my Bluetooth devices disappear". There might be several causes:
  • Foremost cause might be antenna position and signal obstruction. Does your mouse stutter occasionally? One experiment you might want to conduct is this:
    • The Designare Z390 comes with a relocatable antenna. That is, an antenna with its own stand and a cable connecting it to the antenna port on the rear IO panel. If your WiFi/BT card has 3 antenna connectors, try connecting the bottom one to the Z390 antenna. If your WiFi/BT card has 4 antenna connectors, connect the bottom two to the Z390 antenna. Then position the Z390 antenna on the top of your desk.
    • Does it make a difference?
  • If you run IORegistryExplorer and scroll the device tree to XHC, how many total USB ports are listed? You will see several HSxx ports and several SSxx ports. What is the total combined count?
  • Even though you're sharing the single F_USB internal USB header between the BT module and the CPU cooler, there's no need to worry about insufficient power draw because your BT module is powered through the PCIe bus and not through the USB header.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back