Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Ongoing Status of Designare Z390 with i7-9700K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attached.................
And it was "Bluetooth devices" as well as "USB drives".

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-08 at 2.08.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-08 at 2.08.35 PM.png
    494.1 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Incidentally, and I believe this is a completely separate issue from the ports powering down and up...But, I recently came home to find the power down on my system. I couldn't get it to boot and had some work to get done by EOD. I ended up going to get another power supply and it seems that my Seasonic had tanked in the middle of the night. When I removed it there was something rattling around inside the case. Very strange and unusual. But I got the system powered and running again with the power supply on the outside of the case. Although, after re-routing all the new ATX and PCI cables, I've been having difficulty booting. First there was freezing. Then I got it going again. But in an effort to handle the Bluetooth issue, I powered down the machine and couldn't get it to boot. I removed all the USB drives, and bluetooth devices and got it going again, but only after removing Thunderbolt drive. So, basically, I'm having some stability issues.

Attached.................
And it was "Bluetooth devices" as well as "USB drives".
The USB list under XHC looks okay, but under XHC5 it seems you might have the old Thunderbolt SSDT still installed because HS01 and HS02 were removed in Version 4 (attached). Simply delete the existing version of the attached file and copy new one into CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.

Attachments

• SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-TB3HP-V4.aml
    6.1 KB · Views: 80
Incidentally, and I believe this is a completely separate issue from the ports powering down and up...But, I recently came home to find the power down on my system. I couldn't get it to boot and had some work to get done by EOD. I ended up going to get another power supply and it seems that my Seasonic had tanked in the middle of the night. When I removed it there was something rattling around inside the case. Very strange and unusual. But I got the system powered and running again with the power supply on the outside of the case. Although, after re-routing all the new ATX and PCI cables, I've been having difficulty booting. First there was freezing. Then I got it going again. But in an effort to handle the Bluetooth issue, I powered down the machine and couldn't get it to boot. I removed all the USB drives, and bluetooth devices and got it going again, but only after removing Thunderbolt drive. So, basically, I'm having some stability issues.
Some things to check:
  • I recommend 750W power supply. This is neither a minimum recommendation nor a maximum recommendation, but a good in-between recommendation.
  • Ensure that all cables are fully connected (pushed in all the way).
  • Check that PCIe cards are also fully seated in their slots.
  • Run Memtest to validate your DIMMs.
  • Be mindful of SATA port limitations.
  • Power down system and remove power cable for 10 seconds to clear CMOS.
    • You may even try re-flashing the BIOS and specifying BIOS parameters once again, but only as a last resort.

Hey CaseySJ. Again, thanks for your time. But I've run into another issue while trying to load the SSDT. This is Clover in the image below. The desktop is fine. It also what happens when I try to load a word document. Fortunately, by rubbing an active mouse around it for a bit, did get it to clear up enough to open the EFI and drop in the SSDT, but now I'm totally baffled. It doesn't seem to do this with Protools or PDF's. But so far, WORD and CLOVER have given me this weird graphic snow. I'm going to re-connect all the cable connections and make sure all the cards are seated. I hope that does it. But if you've seen this before, please let me know your thoughts.
I did get a corsair 750 to replace the Seasonic. Sending the Seasonic back. It may be one of the rails.
XHC seems to have worked.

Additional: So, it's been 20 minutes since I wrote the above. I re-seated the cards and tried to boot up, all seemed normal until post boot and neither of my monitors came on. I powered down, pulled the bottom Thunderbolt port cable running my second monitor and sure enough, the system booted right up and running great. Then I plugged in the second monitor to the Thunderbolt again, and both screens went to black and powered back up.
But then the bluetooth was stuttering and unstable.
I rebooted again, leaving everything as it was. And again, neither monitor booted. In fact, I did see the boot process happening until the end, and then after a brief black, I got "no signal".
I unplugged the Thunderbolt again and rebooted.
Solid. Bluetooth works great. No stutter. WORD, CLOVER... both open with no issue.
There's a conflict somewhere with Thunderbolt and graphics.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-09 at 11.12.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-09 at 11.12.42 PM.png
    608 KB · Views: 74
  • Screen Shot 2019-06-09 at 11.24.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-09 at 11.24.01 PM.png
    175.6 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
No the issue has gone from bad, too worse. The usb Drives are disconnecting and reconnecting on a regular basis. It's as if the USB ports are rebooting. Not quite sure what's going on. Any suggestions would be welcome.

No the issue has gone from bad, too worse. The usb Drives are disconnecting and reconnecting on a regular basis. It's as if the USB ports are rebooting. Not quite sure what's going on. Any suggestions would be welcome.
Please do the following:
  • Run IORegistryExplorer (download it from the web if needed) and select File --> Save As... to save the device list. Upload the file.
  • Also compress and upload the CLOVER folder from EFI partition of your Mojave SSD.
  • Incidentally, have you double-checked all BIOS settings and Post-Installation Settings from here:

Here you go. Thanks for taking a look. In the meantime, I'm going to be working through the other things.

Attachments

• MacMini.ioreg
    16 MB · Views: 74
  • EFI.zip
    18.1 MB · Views: 83
@Markzers
Did you get the Antelope Zen Tour Thunderbolt 2 Audio card working?
Does anyone know if it's compatible with this motherboard Thunderbolt implementation or any other?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back